New school for difficult child - pretzeling body parts...

greenrene

difficult child is repeating the 8th grade this year at a new school - she is a day student at a local military school. This school is very strict and structured - she has been through 2 days of orientation where the new cadets not only learn the campus layout and rules, but they also are taught how to march in formation, how to stand at attention, etc. So far she likes it and might have even made a friend.

Classes start on Monday. She is way behind 8th grade level, but in-school and after-school tutoring is available. I think the structure will be good for her. I've coached her on different ways to make a good first impression on her peers (i.e. not blabbing incessantly about her obsessive celebrity crushes, not spilling out her entire life story to everyone in earshot, just being calm and polite and learning about how things work at the school, etc).

I am crossing everything imaginable that this all works out for her, because we feel like we're running out of options otherwise.

T

TeDo

Crossing all my body parts as well. Hope it really does work out and that she matures as well as learns.

TerryJ2

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'd love to do that with-my difficult child.

Let us know how it goes. The thing I like best about it is the routine and supervision.