New update..Teacher hit my son.

SnowAngel

The counselor has been put on administrative leave pending a full investigation. He is a district counselor, so it is being handled further up.

They believe he used poor judgement and was only trying to get my son's attention to sit down. This is their best opinion without talking to the counselor. They did express to me that either way he was out of line.

I guess I am supposed to wait and see what they come up with. I thank you for your advice and views. Sometimes we see things a little foggy.

Also, my 6 mo old cousin made it through her 4th open heart surgery this morning. They were amazed at how much they were able to fix on her right heart branches. She doesn't have to have another surgery for 6 months now.

busywend

You done good! I wish it never happened, but you did the right thing. It is nice they are following up on it.

Way To Go! :warrior:

:nurse: I am glad to hear your niece pulled through! Prayers being sent for a speedy recovery!

TerryJ2

Yay! Way To Go!

Let us know what happens when he speaks his piece.

That is wonderful about the surgery. It is amazing what some surgeons can do.

Marguerite

This is a good outcome so far. Even if no action ends up being taken (other than this) a message has been sent to ALL teachers, administrators etc that standards will be adhered to.

Good news about your nice, too. It's wonderful what they can do these days - I remember when "blue babies" were not operated on until 2 years old because the doctors simply couldn't see to work on such small children. They had to wait until they were two years old - if they lived that long. And the long-term effects of having had to wait - I had a classmate in this situation, she was small and frail, not permitted to exert herself at all. Then I saw her five years later, she had finally had corrective surgery and looked fabulous.

I'm glad medical science has improved enough to be able to help your niece so effectively.

Marg

SnowAngel

My son was questioned by a lady that knew nothing but simple facts before questioning him yesterday. The counselor is on administrative leave. Peanut said she questioned other kids too. I hope we get an answer soon. Peanut's story never changed from what he told me and what was said to her. We will see...

SRL

The fact that he was put on administrative leave immediately means that the SD had reason to believe that they felt the claim was legitimate enough to warrant investigation. SD's don't take this step readily, even in this day and age.

Good for your son for bringing his concern to you.

Desari,

Not only do I think you handled it great, but I want to tell you what a joy it is to have you on the board. Newbies don't always jump right in and offer their advice and comfort to other newbies, and it is very sweet to see you doing that. You're a warrior mom for sure!

susiestar

Roll With It
So glad to hear your niece made it through and doesn't need more surgery for a while. Gentle hugs to her! and her parents and family!

Of course Peanut told the same story, he told hteTRUTH!! How on earth did someone become a district counsellor with no judgement at all? Do we get to go hit this guy every time we want him to sit down?

Can I?

Can I?

Susie