Newbie who needs advice with teenage daughter!

Roxanne Smith

Hello, i am in desperate need of good advice on dealing with my 16 yr old daughter. I have had issues with her attitude, school, chores you name it! I have raised her and my older daughter by myself since they were born. I am just exhausted with trying everything possible and am tired of being threatened with i am going to runaway which destoys me and i cannot live with that. I am still responsible for her and her actions and i have tried everything from grounding, taking away things, you name it i have tried it....i have one income and can not afford therapies, camps and have tried counseling for her. I am at the point where i just don't want to deal with her anymore...i never had to go through with these issues with my oldest daughter. Her father has had nothing to do with her and i know that that has been hard on her but enough is enough! Any suggestions????

DDD

Welcome. Has your 16 year old always been difficult for a long time or is this behavior new teenage choices? Some teens really go amuck for awhile for no apparent reason. I've had a couple of those...sigh. Tell us a little big more about her. Is she a good student? Behave at school and then let it go at home? Does she have any "new" friends that could be having a big influence? Help us get an accurate picture and chances are some of us have been there done that and lend solid support. Hugs DDD

pamelabs1

I have a 16 year old daughter also...sounds like you just described her! I wish I had some words of wisdom but havent found anything that works either. Right now she is is residential treatment and it is not going as well as we had hoped. Keep your head up!

BusynMember

Have you checked her room, her social networks and her cell phone to see if she is using drugs or drinking too much or both? Kids are very clever at hiding drug abuse. I know this from my own daughter who did this. Things got way out of hand when she started using drugs.

buddy

I dont know what to do in that situation but to read and listen to advice here....Have you tried to call the county to see if they have any programs for at risk kids???