Newest AKC Breeds - Guaranteed to make you Smile - Adopt one Today!

Star*

call 911........call 911
The following breeds are now recognized by the AKC:

Collie + Lhasa Apso = Collapso, a dog that folds up easy for transporting

Spitz + Chow Chow = Spitz-Chow, a dog that throws up a lot

Pointer + Setter = Poinsetter, a traditional Christmas pet

Great Pyrenees + Dachshund = Pyradachs, a puzzling breed

Pekingnese + Lhasa Apso = Peekasso, an abstract dog

Irish Water Spaniel + English Springer Spaniel = Irish Springer, a dog fresh and clean as a whistle

Newfoundland + Basset Hound = Newfound Asset Hound, a dog for financial advisers

Terrier + Bulldog = Terribull, a dog that makes awful mistakes (difficult child dogs!)

Bloodhound + Labrador = Blabador, not a popular dog with CIA agents

Malamute + Pointer = Moot Point, owned by... oh, well, it doesn't matter anyway

Collie + Malamute = Commute, a dog that travels to work

Deerhound + Terrier = Derriere, a dog that's true to the end

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't know where you found these, but I love them.

My mother adopted one of the dogs my bro's dog had. Of course momma is border collie and the "plan" was to have his male dog be the daddy of all her litters, but she had other plans. We think the dad is some mix of blue heeler, dachsund and chihuahua. I don't know what you call that breed, but she is sorta funny looking. My mom took her because she was the runt - mom was dogsitting while bro took a vacation iwth niece and she didn't like how the ohter dogs bullied this one. My dad knew then that her plans for a rhodesian ridgeback or a sibling of the vet next door's huge dog were up in smoke. He isn't real pleased, but he also isn't a dog person. But she is a sweet puppy.

What do you call a mix between a border collie, a dachsund, a blue heeler and a chihuahua (that is the vet's guess on her parentage)? A mexican blue weiner collie?

Of the dogs you listed, I would most like a peekasso - never been real certain what a dog was supposed to be, so an abstract one would fit in well around here!

Lothlorien

Very cute....
However, I'm still trying to figure out how a Great Pyr and a Dacshund would actually..... oh nevermind. :bag:

DammitJanet

Honey...we had a neighbor with a little cocker spaniel who was in love with my very large black Chow. My Chow was male. Her spaniel was female. The little girl came in heat and the neighbors came to us saying the dog was in heat and would we make sure that the dogs didnt get together...ummm...well...we will do our best! We chained our dog up. After all, ours wasnt the one in heat! Next thing you know, they have let little miss spaniel loose and she is up on one of the kids toys standing there for mr chow to do his business! LOL. He was safely chained up! She came looking for love. They were so mad.