news article on front page...someone clear this up

DammitJanet

"Results from the tests and samples showed that overall, antisocial boys are most characterized by those who matured later in their teens. The team also discovered that boys who experienced puberty earlier were more prone to rule breaking, conduct disorder and being aggressive.
justcopyright.gif
"

This is the last paragraph.

Isnt this saying that ALL boys are conduct disordered and anti-social? I mean either you mature later or you experience puberty earlier right? Maybe 1 kid hits it dead on!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I bet the government paid millions to find this out.......... don't most boys mature later in their teens?

trinityroyal

I suspect that they're using the word "matured" to mean emotionally and with regard to judgement, thought processes, etc. rather than physical maturity.

It seems that they're saying that boys who developed physically early, but who were delayed in their emotional/social/responsible maturation are more likely to be anti-social. In other words, a little boy in a man's body, compounded by all that testosterone.

Trinity

DammitJanet

Ok still...if they mature later in life even if that doesnt mean sexually...they are anti-social.

If they get puberty early they are conduct disordered. HUH??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
yeah, was looking at that and lol-ing myself.

So? They paid money to find out basically what?? What everyone already knew? Boys mature more slowly? DUH!

And yeah the basing their maturity/puberty on the conduct disorder vs anti social is well.........ummmm.........I'm so not getting that.

Maybe I'm too tired and it's just whizzing over my head. :tongue: