Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ya know, I guess I should also note here that he's been whinier than normal, and today is the first time in 3 weeks that we had problems with him going to school again, and it was because he was crying because he's such a bad boy...

Christy

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I would caution you to monitor behaviors closely as I am sure you will. It does help with ADHD symptoms and we did not put it together at first but the straterra was causeing our son to become more agitated and agressive. We didn't make the connection right away because we were seeing signs of improvement with the ADHD symptoms.

Good Luck!
Christy

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Already tonight...

We stopped at a bi-plane show on the way home. He was excellent. We got home and he was playing fetch with the dog, I asked him not to throw the ball in one direction (40 acres here) so the dog wouldn't get in a pile of horse poop and he threw the ball directly into the horse poop.

To be this consistently doing exactly what he's told not to is NOT normal, even on a bad day.

Charmedpea

How long has strattera been on the market. They were going to put my daughter on that I think starting on tuesday. But after reading these posts i dont think we are going to go that route. We have been giving her the concerta later then normal instead of first thing in the morning around 7 we delayed it 3 hours and she seems to be doing much better. I would rather stick with that then change her medications.

I will talk to the dr. on tuesday.

charmed

Sara PA

Strattera has been on the market since the end of 2002. When if first came out, it listed mood swings as an adverse side effect. I was in touch with a woman whose son was in the clinical test for the approval of the drug. Her son had to drop out of the study at 13 weeks, IIRC, because of what they called mania. She described anger, aggression, hostility. There was nothing in the final report or the first version of the prescribing information to indicate any child in the study had issues like that. Then the whole antidrpessant thing hit the fan and Strattera is required to have the same black box warning/other warnings as any of the other antidepressants.