Nice phone call

Wiped Out

Staff member
from easy child yesterday. husband and I were driving back from our shopping/dinner excursion yesterday when easy child called.

She was in a good mood and wanted to set up what time we would pick her up on Friday and set up a return time for late Sunday.

I told her I was making brats and her favorite trifle on Saturday. She was delighted. She told me she needed to get some press on nails so she would look good for her performance next Saturday. I told her she would be radiant with- or with-o new nails. She thought that was hysterical and nice.

Just that much would have been a good conversation but she went further to say she had her laundry to do when she is at home but that she wants to do it right away on Friday night so she can chill with us for the rest of the weekend! Was this really my daughter talking?????? She also wants to go to a movie with husband or the whole family. I think husband is planning to take her to see the Dillinger movie so I'll stay home with difficult child because it is an R rated movie.

It really was a great conversation! Of course, she did talk to husband and told her to make sure difficult child was showered and had brushed his teeth so she could hug him when she comes home! Kinda sweet (that she wants to hug him) but she cracks me up (this is the girl who went 5 days without brushing or teeth last week because she didn't want to walk and buy herself one. Finally called us and we bought her one.

It's so nice to be able to share something positive about easy child, now hopefully the weekend will go well!

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

what a great phone call. Perhaps something is kicking in.......

I hope the weekend is relaxing and calm - enjoy the brats - don't you do that every 4th?

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Thanks! Good memory-we do always cook brats on the 4th of July. We all love them especially easy child but they are not very healthy so we try to save them for special occasions. Back in the day (pre-healthy eating days) we used to grill them a couple times a week in the summer!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon, I'm smiling as I read this message. Could some maturity & empathy be kicking in?

Thanks for sharing this with us.