Nichole "Alone" for the First Time

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole has agreed to watch Brandon and Darrin tonight while easy child is at work. This will be the first time she's in a house at night alone....as the adult. With her anxiety about being alone, this ought to prove interesting.

I've not gotten a call. boyfriend can't join her because he has Aubrey tonight. So it's all on her. Not that it's a bad thing. Gives her a little taste of it once a week before making the leap when she moves out.

I'm steering my kids toward looking to each other for help instead of always coming to me. When easy child asked me to watch the boys because sister in law's days are changing I reminded her that I said No once there were 2 kids. Then I suggested Nichole. When Travis blew a gasket over my odd school hours this quarter I told him he could ask husband, sister in law, and his sisters to pick him up or take him to work when I'm not available. I'm attempting to gear them into pulling together instead of always coming to Mom.

As for Nichole's "instability", she has not contacted the psychiatrist because it was boyfriend once again manipulating her to believe that all their "problems" are her fault because she's "crazy". Sigh. Will he ever stop pulling that? At least this time she caught on to it much quicker than ever before. She really heard me when we'd talked and I'd pointed out to her that the only unusual behavior I'd seen was her taking the animals to bed with her and the reaction to the painting given to husband by mother in law. And well.......to be honest, it is a creepy sort of painting. lol

So, I'm curious as to how she does tonight. I'm guessing she's had no trouble since I've not gotten a call.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well..........

I know why she hasn't called..........

Baby Brandon is sick so sister in law stayed home to watch the boys. Nichole came home a short while ago.

So, I guess she'll have to try again next sat night. lol

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Lisa, with Nichole's anxiety challenges even agreeing to do it is something to be proud of. Give Nichole a hug from her old Aunt Suz.

Suz

M

ML

I like how you're deflecting some of the pressure to be all things to everyone back onto them. That is smart and it makes me wish I'd had more kids!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I like how you're deflecting some of the pressure to be all things to everyone back onto them. That is smart and it makes me wish I'd had more kids!

LOL This is something I learned from my grandma. She was one smart lady. :)

Yes. Nichole simply agreeing to babysit alone, at night, is a step for her. A good one in my opinion since it will give her a chance to get used to it before moving out on her own. She can get it in small doses first. Then maybe I won't have her calling me or sitting on my couch all the time after she moves out the way easy child did. lol