Nichole has an Interview!

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Hound dog, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

She's thrilled. it's in an hour. So far Mc Donald's is the only one who has called her back. And the funny part is that around here Mc Donald's pays pretty darn good. lol

So, keep body parts crossed, please.

2. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Crossing body parts, and doing the Hope-Nichole-Gets-The-Job dance.

3. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Joining Trinity in the Hope-Nichole-Gets-The-Job Dance!

*It's just a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
    Let's do the Hope-Nichole-Gets-The-Job Dance again!*
  4. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I'm dancing with BBK! (Who knew all those late night visits to see Rocky Horror would pay off???)

5. Star*

Star* call 911

Lets do the TIME WARP again!!!!!!!!

(Susie - you're too much) -

ps. I'm bringing plastic!

6. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

I'm a dancin' machine if it will help get the job for Nichole........
  7. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Good luck, Nichole!

8. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Everything crossed and doing the dance too.

Hope the interview goes *THUMP*...........hmmmmmmm....crossing the legs and hopping/dancing at the same time doesn't seem to be a good combination.
  9. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

I am dancing for Nichole too....but you don't want to see it. LOL
  10. Hound dog

Well gals, all that dancing paid off. She was hired on the spot and is currently sitting in orientation.

The job pays at least 7 bucks an hour. We have factories around here that don't pay that much. lol

So, Now Nichole is a Working Mom lol.

Even if M D's doesn't wind up the long haul, it's a good reference for future jobs. And they weren't phased by her "no work experience".:D
  11. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

:yourock: :goodluck:

Now, could you come my way and teach my difficult child how to ace an interview?

12. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

13. Hound dog

LOL Seems like the girl is gonna have her Mom's luck with interviews. Or else she snuck peeks at my nonverbal communication books. lol

The manager told her she was perfect for the job. Not too old for the "teeny boppers" to relate to and since she is a mom and going to college, not exactly to "youngish" for some of the older women to relate to.

Now the real test.

How long will she stick with it?
  14. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

Glad to hear Nichole got a job!!!! Melissa only makes $7/hour as a receptionist at a health club. She's been there since sometime in October, I believe. She was not one to stick with jobs in the past, but she seems to like this receptionist job.

I hope Nichole will stick with hers....or at least not quit until she has another job lined up.

15. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Congratulations to Nicole. It's a wonderful start. If she does well with it, she could really make a decent wage. I know VP's who started flipping burgers to pay for school. They kept at it and kept their noses clean and moved up at a very good rate and salary.
    For some reason there is some negativity with flipping burgers. It's honest, hard work and she should be proud of herself. Lots of careers start with flipping burgers. They seem like a good company to work for from what I can tell. She may be eligible for tuition assistance as well as benefits when she is full time.