Nichole update

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole enrolled in summer classes. I put my foot down as to how I am not being her transportation. 1. we can't afford it as far as gas. 2. She has a little Metro sitting in the drive still waiting for her to get her butt in gear and get her license and insurance. boyfriend is going to be her transport.

The new house rules have stood. boyfriend has not stepped a foot in my door.

I know they've had some run-ins, but so far I've not had a phone call. In fact, they got into it just friday night. Sitting in the drive arguing. After a longish while, and past Aubrey's bedtime, boyfriend comes and knocks on the door, the baby in his arms. He asks if he can put her to bed. I took her from him and told him I could manage. lol But no attempts were made to **** me into it or any drama noticed.

Progress?? I dunno. As far as I'm concerned the summer ought to prove interesting.

Nichole is taking the same chemistry and a & p I've been taking the last 2 quarters, with the same instructors. Ought to be interesting to see how this plays out. If she doesn't knuckle down and study, she won't pass. Period. One thing in her favor is that she also took a class that teaches her HOW to study. But these classes are gonna be even tougher than they were for me. Summer classes are more intense and go much faster because they squeeze in 2 quarters during the summer.

I wonder how long boyfriend will be transporting before he starts giving her troubles. I guess this will settle once and for all how serious he is about her schooling / getting her license stuff.

Oh, well. Not my problem. I fully intend to spend my summer relaxing and enjoying the great outdoors. lmao

As for Nichole medication wise. She's been off for several months. No change in behavior here at home at all. I only see mood swings during that time o' the month and the ones that are blood sugar related. This is a good thing as she was turned down for welfare insurance. Which means no psychiatrist, no medications.

Now that the weather has turned, I've also noticed Nichole spending far more time with Aubrey, the 2 of them enjoying the outdoors for hours. She's also doing far better in seeing to her needs. (wonder if we were having a bit of winter blahs going on? ) She's getting ready to potty train Aubrey soon.

So all in all, I guess a good update.

witzend

Good for you for standing your ground, Lisa. I would have put Aubrey to bed, too.

Why on earth were they arguing in your driveway? You know, if you were my neighbor, and that was going on, I would let it happen for only so long. But if you came to my house and said "I hate that this is happening, and I can't do anything about it." I would ask you if you wanted me to call the police on them, and then I would. And hopefully the police would put him right in his place, and it wouldn't be on you.

Do you have any neighbors that would be nosy enough to get involved and get you off of the hook? I know which neighbor I would solicit on my street - every street usually has at least one busy body! ;)

I hope for Aubrey's sake that she will hold it together. I'm really glad to hear that he's not calling you anymore! Good for you!

crazymama30

Summer chemistry and A & P???? Wowser, is the girl in for it. Good for holding your ground, with the way gas is going, can I buy her metro??

jk

everywoman

Looks like you are doing a good job of detaching from Nicole and boyfriend's chaos. Hope she can make it through those two tough courses. It's not going to be easy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
BRAV (feaking) O

You get an A+ in detachment
You get an A+ in NOT MY PROBLEM
You get an A+ in that latin - Grandmaus noninterferus class

PROUD OF YOU = YOU DESERVE IT!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What a nice update. I hope things continue well throughout the summer and Niichole does well in class, you relax, the boyfriend remains respectful or your boundaries and rules and that Nichole and Aubrey continue to grow together - good luck on the potty training.

The driveway spats, as long as they don't get loud and raucus, seem to be of no concern to you at this time - good for you. Just keep an eye on it. Best of luck and congrats!

Is Nichole afraid to drive? Does she have anxiety about it? I just wonder because it would solve so many of her issues if she would get her license.

A cookie and a medal for how you handled it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was wondering the same thing as BBK. Or maybe she just enjoys having people/boyfriend at her beck and call?

Regardless...........good for you, Lisa! Hang in there.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole is terrified of driving. (she's so much like me at that age)

However, she's a good driver according to boyfriend's Dad. I'm pretty certain this has alot to do with her dragging her feet over the license. Which is why I'm refusing to help at all with transportation. Somehow she's got to see that having a license is vital to independence.