Nichole's Practicums

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I swear she told me they had to be perfect for this part. I thought she meant she couldn't do a single procedure wrong or she'd fail. What she meant was she couldn't miss a single thing on each of the procedures or she'd fail the procedure. (big difference) lol

So...............Drumroll please.................

Nichole only failed one. The medical assessment. Which I *think* is the first one. I'm guessing it was nerves, cuz I know she was a wreck. She passed all of the others perfectly. :D

On the medical assessment she forgot a step right at the beginning. She knew it the second she did it. And failed it right at that moment. No second chances. You move on to the next procedure. Oh, by the way, these are elaborate senerios of various conditions and injuries just like they'd see in the real world.

But I'm proud it didn't shake her up so much she couldn't continue and do well.

She gets to do the medical assessment again. Her instructor has scheduled retakes the 14th Saturday. She took today off, but plans to know this procedure word for word by the 14th. (starting to sound like her mother)

easy child works with someone who's been a paramedic for years. She said Nichole did an awesome job. It's not uncommon for students to fail 2 (or more) procedures the first try. These things are tough. There is no room for guessing.

I know she'll be glad once she has it all passed. But then the poor kid has to pass the state licensing exams which are rumored to be even worse. But she's already taken the practice written part and did very well.

I think she's getting the hang of it. :)

F

flutterbee

:woohoo: Way to go, Nichole! Your mommy heart must be *bursting*!!!

(by the way, Saturday is the 13th. I don't want her to end up missing it cause she gets the day wrong.)

TerryJ2

Whew! She's almost there.
I know that feeling of blowing it, and not being able to go back and fix it. Aargh.