Nicotine withdrawal and exhaustion?

slsh

member since 1999
Just wondering if anyone has ever noticed utter exhaustion as a side effect of quitting smoking? I'm 4 weeks out from last surgery, have been resting appropriately, doing PT, basically doing everything I'm supposed to. I went from 2 packs a day to less than 1 cig a day on 9/10, and have been smoke-free since 9/24. No gum, no patch, nada.

I have zip stamina. husband thinks it's more related to no nicotine at this point as opposed to the postop period. Anyone gone through this and if so, know of any "quick fixes" (besides taking up smoking, LOL)?

Tx.

lovemysons

Sue,
I'm so bad. The only thing I could think of is Caffeine since nicotine is a stimulant, right?

I hope you find a healthy way to get your energy back.
hugs,
lovemysons

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OH yeah it bit the big one when I quit. Sooo tired. I just went for the ride. Tried to eat a bit a fruit and drank a bit more water ( I also have a caffiene addiction but can't quit them all at once).

Good luck.

Beth

Oh Sue...

Between missing the nicotine, and the weight gain, I needed a nap after walking to the bathroom.

It gets better, and it is worth it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I quit too years ago - and now that smoking is "out" and not smoking is "in" I am finally for once in my life part of the bellybutton crowd. Outty now Inny.

Smoking will kill you. Caffeine just lies to you.

Congratulations!
Hugs
Star

busywend

Sue, the worst side effect I have found with not smoking is anxiety. And that took awhile to creep up on me.
I was too excited about not smoking to be tired and focused on not eating everything in site.

I think you should assume it is part of your surgery. After my surgery I was exhausted for many months. It just drains your entire system. in my humble opinion that is.

susiestar

Roll With It
Try a B vitamin supplement. They are very helpful with tiredness. but watch the caffeine with it, you can get really jumpy. Also your pee will be neon yellow, but that is the B vitamins, not a problem. Take them in the AM.