Nifty Galifty

witzend

Well, time for a brief update. I turned 50 a few weeks ago. The build up to it was the painful part. Now it's here, it seems like most any other day.

husband is throwing a shin-dig at our house on Saturday. There will be a crowd. L will be there with her new boyfriend. It will be the first time we meet him. She says he's nice. Of course she prefaced that with how wealthy he is. I always said that if she would just set a goal and go for it she would be ok. Maybe this is it? More power to them if it works out.

M is off the radar. We haven't heard from him since last summer when he was hospitalized. He's not using his cell so it's pretty much a useless thing that we are paying for in case he should ever decide to be in touch. We've sent messages and emails to ask him to come, but he won't answer. I've checked his FB and he has a new photo up. It's one taken of him in my parent's kitchen when he was about 5 with two of my sister's bff's children. It either came from my parents or my sister. Either way, good luck with that. I told husband that without a doubt he is paying for their kindness with tales of what a bad mother I am. He tried to pooh-pooh it, but he know I was on target. He has essentially the same goals as L, but in reverse. To find a wealthy woman to pay his way in life. Sadly, there aren't many of those around.

I believe he's waiting for my parents to die so that he can inherit, thinking that is going to pay his way in life. He knows very little about the real cost of living. I can't decide whether they will decide that he is spawn of the devil - me - and not worthy, or if they will give him something just to spite me. Probably a combination of the two.

In any case, I'm looking forward to Saturday, and to be quite honest I'm hoping M doesn't show. I just don't have it in me to put up with the stress.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well Happy Birthday.

My mom wanted me to call my brother and rag him about it being his 50th. I told her nah wasn't any fun when the person doesn't have an issue with it. lol Now my sis? I gave her a hard time.....only because she did have an issue with it. lol

I hope you have lots of fun, even if L shows up. But have to say after these past months with Kaite? I sure understand what you mean about hoping she doesn't. ugh

witzend

I'm ok with L showing up, and I am interested in meeting her boyfriend. I hope she will have the grace to not make the night all about her and her "new catch".

I really don't want M to show up. At the same time it's embarrassing that he won't. But, hopefully - out of sight, out of mind.

KFld

Happy Birthday. I hope you enjoy your party!! Mine is coming up in May and I'm sure I'll be feeling the same twinge of embarassment if anyone has anything big for me, because my difficult child never shows up for any family functions unless it's for him :) and even that is like pulling teeth! My standard answer when difficult child doesn't show up for anything is that he's working. People who know him know it's not true, but others don't need to know.

Enjoy your day and allow yourself to make it all about you!!

trinityroyal

Witz, I too found that the lead-up to the `zero`birthdays is harder than the actual day. I think 50 is a grand number, and hope you have a lovely and drama-free party--a fitting way to celebrate it.

Trinity

Estherfromjerusalem

Witz, congratulations. Maybe the build-up is stressful, but honestly 50 isn't all that bad. I do remember that I was not happy about it at the time, either. Still, it's an achievement to reach any age. After all, considering the alternative . . . .

So I hope you have a wonderful time on Saturday and that no one spoils your pleasure. And many many happy returns of the day!

Love, Esther

Star*

call 911........call 911
Happy Birthday Kiddo -

Personally? I'm sooooooo far away from 50..hahahaha....ahem. However on the other hand, are the sad little fingers I have to count down to the real fifty and I think to myself, heck if I look this good why worry. So I ask you after seeing your pictures, what is the problem? I mean -really? Other than possibly feeling it? You look MAHVELOUS. Seriously - I have no horn or smoke to blow - so I'd embrace 50 and realize that after your kids, and that (horrid x) and your family? Anyone in YOUR shoes should have a party JUST to say she survived it all. (throws confetti, and blows party favor horn)

Anyway - Since I will not be there? I salute you "OH Charming One Of the Great PNW" Many Candles Do Not A Great Tasting Cake Make - so just tell them to skip that - OR remember not to wear a lot of hairspray - it's flammable.

Hugs and Happy Birthday again
Star

tawnya

Happy Birthday, Witz. You are beautiful. You get better with age, you know that don't you? In fact, I think you are much prettier now than when you were younger!

witzend

Funny you should say that, Tawnya! I had just a couple too many tequila's the other night and said essentially the same thing myself! :rofl: But everyone got the joke - thank god!

L did bring her boy friend. He seems nice. He seems nearly my age is what he seems... But he seems genuinely interested in her so fingers crossed that this will work out.

M was a no show, which was just as well with me. No one asked, so I didn't have to make up any stories. And all of the food was eaten. YUM!

DammitJanet

Well Happy belated Birthday! I am counting down to the big 50. Or as Tony likes to put it...we are looking for that AARP mailer to come any day...lol. I told him they wont send it because my health insurance is already through them. I do think we should embrace these birthdays since as Esther said, the alternatives arent that great...lol.

witzend

You know, Janet, they sent husband AARP stuff for a year or so before he turned. I got one card a month in advance and that was it.

P

PatriotsGirl

Happy belated birthday!!!!!

I am 37 and I get AARP stuff all the time....:why:

KFld

haha, I'm going to be 50 in May and I just got my first AARP advertisement in the mail. Now that made me feel old :)

CrazyinVA

Staff member
A belated happy birthday from me as well :) I'm glad the party was a success, and drama-free. I turn 50 in December.. and am going to plan my own big shindig. I'm calling it my "halfway to 100" party :)