nights stink

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
since the accident. even tho i'm up very little thru the day, the pain seems worse at night. thonot intolerable, its wearing on me.

i've also spent little snipets here and there thinking about the accident...how bad it was...how much worse it could have been...how scared I was before the wreck, and how incredibly scared I was while lying on the ground, waiting on the ambulance...

this is when i wish my brain had an off switch.

just griping.

flutterby

Fly away!
That does stink, but perfectly normal. You are processing what happened, which needs to be done. And I know pain is worse at night. Can you get the doctors to increase your pain medications at night?

(((hugs)))

You know I'm a night owl, so if you want to chat hit me up.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
been there done that

Not the scared before part..................but definately the scared after part. My brain got stuck in fight or flight mode, literally. It was horrible.

((((hugs))))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
been there done that....I've spent many nights (still do for that matter) in pain with racing thoughts. Bites, doesn't it Shari?

Did doctor's give you enough pain medications? How about muscle relaxants or something to take the edge off? After the traumatizing accident I would think you'd need some sort of help to sleep at night. The sleep is going to help your body heal.

Just know that I'm with you in spirit .... not online much so I can't keep you company. Keep the faith, honey.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Linda, bites is a good way to put it. It does.

I pobably could ask for more pain mds for night. so far, when i need a good knock out, i've been taking the phenagren (sp) they gave me for nausea. knocks me out cold. but also makes me really drunk if i have to get up and move, so i try not to use it. tonight, tho, i'm goiing to, if i don't nod off soon.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think a little PTSD would be in order after an event like you just experienced. Keep talking about it if it helps you process what happened. And don't be surprised if the emotional turmoil sticks around for a while after your body has healed. I think it's perfectly normal.
((((Hugs))))

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sure you're right abou that, too.

I know getting back in the buggy is gonna be HARD to do, too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm hoping you got some sleep after all!!!

One thing I have noticed about pain - it DOES hurt more at night - but you're totally at rest, it's quiet, Wee's in bed... So there is nothing else to concentrate on.

Gentle, gentle hugs, and I know how the phenergan feels, but if you need it, you need it.

Jena

hi

sorry your having a rough time and yes our bodies being built without an off switch for our brain clearly bites bigtime! i hope your feeling better and get some rest soon. and yup it's giong to be scary getting back on one yet you'll do it, knowing you when your ready it'll happen.

((hugs))