No Laughing at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

DS3

[video]http://www.allproudamericans.com/No-Laughing-at-the-Tomb-of-the-Unknown-Soldier.html[/video]

It's nice to see someone enforcing respect. :)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Good for the Marine! Our senior trip in high school was to Difficult Child and Arlington was one of our major stops. We were lucky enough to be there during a changing of the guard and they don't mess around. The officer in charge announced what would be happening and flat out said....NO talking, NO laughing, NO messing around. Period. It was a very solemn sight but very moving even to a typically self absorbed 17 year old.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I saw it at about age 10, but don't remember much (I got it and JFK's grave mixed up in my memory, I could have sworn there was a guard at JFK's...) Then I went to Difficult Child for 2 weeks in March 2006, and took myself out to Arlington.

I got there just before a change. I could feel my eyes tear up and then I was (quietly) bawling... I couldn't leave, I was rapt. I stayed for a second one.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
People don't stop to think anymore. Nor do they show respect like they should in certain situations.

Good for the soldier for putting an abrupt end to it like he did.