NO MORE #@)(*%@_) April Fool's Jokes...I'm done.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you read my other April Fools joke - I tried to have a little humor, fun, safe, cute - just a funny little hahah to perk up my spirits, and get a little smirk while running errands today. And I did - it was fun.

What I neglected to do was explain to DF - the full joke. And of course he said "I'm not holding up the sign." FINE spoil sport. Groan - talk about a bump on a log.

However since he was driving MY car - he said he would leave the coffee cup there and went to go do his running. Well being a MAN - you know he couldn't just take my WORD for it that I had PLENTY O MAGNETS on the bottom of that cup. So what do you think he did? Yup - he pulled it up, looked at it, and stuck it back down on the roof to satisfy me then drove off. And Im sure you are guesing the rest of this nightmare - but when he put it down - the magnets either didn't seat right, or he put them on a rusty spot or something - because....

He made it out of the drive - fine. He made it to the stop sign - fine. He even made it down the road 45 mph- just fine - but low and behold and don't even ask me how I drove all over everywhere this morning spreading sunshine and getting yucks - without incident - but he gets pulled over by BLUE LIGHTS and sirens and when he did - being hard of hearing? He didn't hear the sirens - so the cop pulled in front of him - and cut him off and when he did - it startled DF and so he hits the brakes - and just what do you think FLEW OFF like a missle? AAAND hit the back trunk of that patrol car?

Not only does DF have to go to court now - but we have a HUGE ticket, AND our insurance is probably going to go THROUGH.THE. FLIPPIN. ROOF.

Not to mention that I am NEVER.EVER.EVER. GOING to live this down. Evvver.

DF hasn't even cracked a smile. Oh and the cup? He had to pick that up too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh Star...

Well... It was a good joke... Sigh...

You'd think the cop would have taken it in stride!!! But no, I know...

Jody

Oh my goodness what a mess. I am so sorry. I hope they dismiss this when you go to court. I am so sorry.

shellyd67

I just finished reading your 1st thread and did not see this one yet. Oh geeze, seriously a ticket ? WTH maybe I won't try this next year. Sorry honey ....

busywend

Ugh! That is one April Fool's joke gone bad. I am sorry - it was a good one and brought lots of fun to the day.

Major bummer!

H

HaoZi

:salute: When da vife sez it's seated fine, doan mess vit it, and you gotta go und mess vit it, vat you 'spect?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well -

I had a talk with DF about all of this and I was getting ready to call this officer because this was MY FAULT you know.

And you know what DF said -

"Oh honey, don't call the cop - he wasn't mad because of the damage to his patrol car.....Naught ah....." (long pause)

HE WAS MAD BECAUSE OF ...............THE MUGGING.

subsequently -

APRIL FOOLS..............

:difficult child:

thank you, thank you very much.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Noooooooooo........But he thinks he is soooooooooooooooo clever. Sooooooo clever.

All day long - with a straight face......

<--------------------looks like that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl:

You know what my April Fools joke was this year????

They're still waiting for it. :rofl:

I do one every year on someone. Harmless, funny, crack you up kind........but I get someone in the family every single year. I've never failed to get someone.

This year I'm getting them ALL. The April Fools is that there is no joke this year. Just all of them walking carefully and looking over their shoulders waiting for the bomb to drop. *snicker*

Gotta keep em guessing.

You're was awesome!!! LOVE IT! husband's was awfully good too, except I'd have had a hard time not strangling him. lmao

susiestar

Roll With It
I posted this on the "preggers" thread, but my Gma had the ULTIMATE April Fool's Day Joke. She gave birth to my father on the first, and for good measure she had my uncle on the 2nd!!!

I am so sorry that the ticket, etc... happened.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOUND -

THANK YOU FOR MY NEXT YEARS APRIL FOOLS FOR DF - because - YOURS is AWESOME!!!!!!

and he's going to expect it after this year -

Star*

call 911........call 911
I didn't know - but I'm learning all these tricks........

Next year it could be - that I buy a skin colored body suit, black candles - outline some star on my lawn in ashes, buy a black robe,- scare the bejeezers out of my DF and neighbor, and then walk around the rest of the day with an old sloppily glued together coffee mug not saying a word other than something about a farmer in Latin......yeap, yeap, yeap - gotta love it when your girlfriends hand you all these " wonderful" and "meaningful" ideas on a platter. Pretty sure I'm 2 chickens, a chalice and a dagger away from a perfect Halloween.