No More Cheesies!

trinityroyal

Right now, effective immediately (well...after I finish this last bowl...), I am declaring No More Cheesies.

I will not buy them
I will not eat them

husband is on board to stop me should I give into temptation.

While I was on all those business trips this summer, I developed a terrible habit of eating cheesies. I am down to the very last bowl, and there are no more in the house.

I figure that if I make myself accountable, here, with all of you also striving for a healthier life, then I will be able to stick to my guns.

So...NO MORE CHEESIES

(Now I'm going to slink off and finish this bowl, wash it and put it away)

Trinity

trinityroyal

Y'know what?

After making the declaration, I had one last fistful of cheesies, and then threw the rest away.

It struck me that, if I can start "right after this last bowl", then I can start right before this last bowl too.

Yay!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good for you Trinity! It's like me and homemade chex party mix. It is my major trigger food and I only allow myself to have them during the holidays because I make some for gifts for some of my nieces and nephews. I have to put theirs in containers and in the trunk or they'd never make it to the nieces and nephews.

busywend

NO MORE CHEESIES! NO MORE CHEESIES!!!

Go Trinity!!!

You threw those darn, nasty, orange finger turning, puffs away!!!

(Troyer Farms Cheese Puffs - my weakness since 1991 - I was pregnant with difficult child.)

LittleDudesMom

Trinity,

You didn't need those fat-filled, fake-cheese, finger-turning-orange, chemically-alterered puffs anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you for making the toss!

Sharon

ScentofCedar

My grandmother always told me that if you throw the last little bit of the thing away ~ the crust from the sandwich, the last little bit of popcorn or bite of candy bar ~ it keys something inside us which tells us we have had enough food for now. We were not so hungry that we needed the whole thing, so we certainly don't need another. Then too, we did not eat until we saw our bowl empty ~ we had so much to eat that we threw some away.

A psychological trick that might make a difference, down where we don't see what is happening?

As for me? I am taking Marguarite's advice. :) I am successfully not smoking ~ again!

Barbara

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
hmmmm anything with sugar is my trigger food, I just have to get off it all together or I am doomed!

trinityroyal

AOG, there's actually a scientific basis for those sugar cravings.

When you have a lot of sugar in your diet, then your body becomes resistant to insulin. You have more trouble processing sugar and your body craves more and more of it.

I've been following a low-carbohydrate diet for the past while and I just feel so much better. I haven't been able to cut sugary things out completely, but I try to stick to the healthiest choices (e.g. berries instead of candy...low in sugar, but very sweet and tasty. Since they're small they feel a bit like candy too)

It's hard...so far I've managed to stick to my no-cheesie resolve. Just not having them in the house at all makes it so much easier.