No...you're not doing "nothing"

juliabohemian

I hear a strange noise in my house -a noise that can only be coming from one of my kids.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"No...it's not nothing. It can't be. Nothing doesn't make noise. Why do you keep insisting that it's nothing?????"

Nothing, this time, was the 8 year old filling up a tea cup with powdered sugar. So we established that it wasn't nothing. Then we tried to get the motive behind it, because the list of reasons to pack a tiny, plastic cup with powdered sugar is pretty short.

"I don't know." "I don't know." "I don't...know."

I swear to God, I'm going to shoot the next person that says that to me...shoot them.

Andy

And these are the same kids who say they are bored when there is nothing to do! :tongue:

I think we need to shoot whoever came up with the phrase "Nothing".
:tongue:

Just wait until they are older teenagers and "nothing" turns into "none of your business".

I remember a video that was on "America's Funniest Videos" many years ago. There was a little girl standing next to a dollhouse that had been absolutely demolished. She had her head hanging down and she was kinda swinging one pointed toe back and forth (as kids do when they know that they are in for it). Her mom is squatting next to her, and she says "What HAPPENED to your dollhouse?"

*insert 5 second pause*

"Nothin..."

KateM

This brings back memories! When easy child was little ( about 3 years old), she would say" Don't see me, Mommy" when she was "up to something". That just cracked me up!