Nobody cares

Wiped Out

Staff member
Our water heater has been going out a couple of times lately. This morning easy child/difficult child comes down the stairs in her shower cap and robe.

(Throughout the conversation her tone is rude and disrespectful, I was taking a very caring tone.)

"Where's Dad?"

"On his way home from boot camp."

"Why does he have to be gone so early?"

"We figure that's the best time for us to go to boot camp; why is the water heater out?"

"There's only COLD WATER!"

"I'm sorry, I hate when that happens."

She keeps standing on the stairs but silent, I go back to typing on the morning thread.

"NOBODY CARES!"

"I said I was sorry, what would you like me to do?"

"FIX IT"

"I'm sorry I don't know how."

Up she stomped up the stairs!

I had to just laugh, silently, of course. She gets this all of the time and you would think by now she would have figured out I'm not a miracle worker:)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Umm... You're a warrior mom, you know. Doesn't that mean you know everything, too? Including how to fix a water heater?

*Snicker* OK, I'm joking... I do NOT miss this...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe the pilot light just went out....? Tell her I care.

Shouldn't there be a free water heater replacement for deployed soldiers families?

Honestly! Thanks for his service to OUR COUNTRY - and I'm sorry you are left to deal with this WO -

You can........check with the govt. There was a program through the counties a while back that was giving funding to have your home upgraded with waterheaters, insulation, A/C units, gaspacks.......they come out and do a test (energy audit) and see if your home is leaking energy. Then they asses the damage - and see if you qualify based on your income.....

Also check with your gas/electric company to see if they have any deals going to get you a free or reduced cost water heater.

AND check with your LOWES or Home Depot to see if they have any Scratch and dent items

OR HABITAT for HUMANITY to see if they have any GOOD ONES......

Hope this helps.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Star-You are so sweet! husband was at an exercise boot camp. Usually we both go but because of my stress fracture I'm not right now-it's just 3 mornings a week. He was on his way home from that:)

Step-You crack me up!

ML-Yep I hate Mondays that start like that too!

KTMom91

Well...Jeannie blinked her eyes, Samantha twitched her nose...after you did those things it still didn't work?

Bum skidoodle deedle...as my brother used to say.