Normal or not, their trip has been cancelled

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child's boyfriend broke his ankle skateboarding yesterday and since it was dislocated, etc., the DR said he can't fly. Therefore, their trip to Spain has been cancelled.

I'm so disappointed for them. They will have to wait until next year now because by the time he's able to fly again, they will both be in the busy season for their professions. Doesn't that stink?

easy child even said to me last night, "Well I guess you don't need that itinerary after all"....wizenheimer!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OH MY!!! The poor kids! That stinks. :( And mega OUCH for the boyfriend, too!

Well, they could keep that money in savings and add to it a bit over the next year and have more money to spend while their there.

easy child wanted to go to Disney world in sept. She's determined that I'm going along. But I'll be in school then, so between that and the new baby, looks like it's out for this year. So we're just putting more money back for the trip in order to make it more fun when we do finally get there. :)

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, true on saving more for next year - imagine the fun they can have then!!!

Okay, is this a bit of irony - OR - Divine Intervention??

Last night, before easy child knew the trip would be cancelled, she was checking out the want ads for pastry chefs/bakers and sent her resume with a cover letter to one she found that isn't too far from us. Well, about an hour after the news her trip would be cancelled, she got a call (at 10PM) from the head chef who is the one conducting interviews. Turns out he also graduated from CIA and they recently expanded the bakery portion of this restaurant and the current pastry chef is blowing it big time so they just put that ad up yesterday on craigslist. easy child is going in right now to meet the owner and chef and to do a presentation and show them what she can do. She's also bringing her portfolio. They guy told easy child that he'd want her to start PT right away. easy child just told her current boss that she needed to go PT so she could find another job to make ends meet. Wow. Coincidence??

So, maybe all things happen for a reason? Hmmmm. easy child has been trying to get her boyfriend to stop messing around with the skateboarding, as he's been hurt before and now this. And the job interview.

katya02

Solace
Wow. Whether coincidence or Divine Intervention, what a window of opportunity for easy child! Of course, a fracture-dislocated ankle is a very bad thing and I'm sorry to hear about it. Nasty business. I hope boyfriend will recover well. But at least there is a silver lining here.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think I hear "Twilight Zone" music in the background here. That's wild, Jo- WOW!

Fingers crossed for easy child.

Will they get a full refund on their tickets?

Susie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The ER doctor gave boyfriend a note explaining the situation - they should be able to get a full refund. *Fingers crossed*

easy child said that while it's a great opportunity to add to her resume and build a lot of experience....they offered her a dollar less than what she's making now with the promise if the business goes as planned they will increase her salary accordingly. I personally think it's a risk, but a good risk, and she should do it. She would be in charge of the entire bakery department, be able to change the menu, add her own signature desserts, order all supplies and hire/fire her personal help. I think she needs a reality check that while she graduated from one of the best schools, she's still new to the industry, despite her prior experience in a lower end capacity. Know what I mean?? But she doesn't want to hear it. She feels she should be making between $18-$20/hour as a salaried position with paid vaca and holidays. Ahem...

Plus, she went on to complain about how her current pay doesn't enable her to pay all her bills. I wanted so badly to tell her that perhaps she should whittle down her clothing and restaurant expenses a bit and she'd find that has plenty of money to save. But she wants to be able to buy clothing at AE and eat out at least 3-4 times per week. Heaven forbid she eat a leftover meal for lunch! Hahahah - ahhh to be so young and naive!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Her boyfriend is doing okay. He's been ordered to stay off his feet and see an ortho surgeon - he may need pins put into his ankle. I feel bad because he's a carpenter and won't be able to work for a few weeks! easy child is worried how he will pay his mortgage and other bills. I think his parents would help him. I hope he heals fast.