normal or not?

crazymama30

Now I have a question. difficult child has been occupying himself all day. ALL DAY without being annoying or needy. For the last 3 hours, give or take, he has been playing legos.

Is this normal or obsessed/driven behavior? when I go in to talk to him he is pleasant and responds, not ticked off because I am bothering him.

I see this so rarely, that it makes me a little unsure.

KTMom91

My 12 year old nephew is able to entertain himself for hours with his action figures or something similar, while Miss KT still cannot entertain herself for five minutes. I'd vote for normal.

crazymama30

Yeah, you can be jelous.

I am just wondering how long it will last?

what I really really don't get, is we increased his daytrana patch over a week and a half ago. Now I thought stims were supposed to work right away, but not from what I have seen in the past or now. The first 5 days of the increase there was no change, he was as irritable, rude and unreasonable as all get out.

for the last week or so? Polite, respectful, please adn thank you! he thought my sister was gone so he just walked in her room, and when he realized she was there he APOLOGIZED for not knocking! wow.

WO, I am not trying to brag,I just honestly don't know how normal 12yr old boys are, I have not been around any for any period of time.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Very normal! That's awesome to hear he's doing so well :) I hope this continues for a good long time!