Not a good Day! Both difficult child's are FOUL!!

sandman3

OMG, can I please just run away and hide today?

D had his first post-discharge appointment this morning with a new psychiatric, it was long and tiring, A was with us (because we're homeschooling and I can't leave him anywhere). They were great in the beginning, but then as they usually do, starting going at each other right there in the office....A had to be removed so he would stop engaging with D and then D went into a full out RAGE for the new docs. He headbutted me, got me square on the cheekbone (man, that hurt bad) then tried to pick up the chair to throw it. The psychs were good, they helped a little and observed alot, I had to restrain him until he calmed down. So we ended up re-scheduling to finish the appointment. (we were only 1/2 way thru) which was a good choice. The ride home was at least quiet.

BUT, now we are home and A is acting like a total flippin' nightmare, agressive, defiant, angry at the world and this is of course getting D all fired up! AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Somebody please save me!

30 min later....as I was finishing up this post, I had to run a stop A from blowing up, which ended up NOT being sucessfull. He attacked me, pulled my hair, told me he was going to kill me....I got away, but then he attempted to destroy the house and screamed he wished he were dead. He's a little calmer now, but I can tell still on the edge and possibly working back up into a rage again.

What on earth am I supposed to do???? He just got out of the hospital 3 weeks ago!! I tried to get him to take a dose of medication and he refused, said "no more medications". I'm flippin out right now....

nvts

Hey! Wow - I wish I could speak from experience, my kids aren't physically violent, but I know you can't accept violence.

I'd call the cops. Simple, sweet to the point. Either they'll call an ambulance OR they'll scare the living cr*p out of them. At least you'll have documentation that THEY'RE the ones being abusive.

They'll also start to see that you follow through with threats.

Have you read the Explosive Child by Ross Greene? It might help you, it helped a lot of the people on the site.

Good luck hon, and let us know that you're safe!

Beth

BusynMember

Well, at least the psychiatrists got to see them in action. I"m serious too. It's frustrating when the doctors don't see it and don't believe it.
Do you have any new plans to change their treatment? Sounds like what is happening isn't working.

sandman3

Ok, so it's 6:00 now and things are finally calm....it lasted several hours, I knew he was working back up into a rage and I was right. He completely destroyed his bedroom, tore a hold in the bedroom door...I haven't been able to completely assess the damage as of yet. I finally convinced him to take the medications...told him it was that or the Police would be called....He did not like that at all, does not want to be back in the psychiatric hospital!

I feel like I did a good job of keeping the other 2 boys safe and out of harms way....I really, really, really did not want to call the police, but I certainly would have if it had continued, there is only so much one person can do.

I'm telling you though, it's like he was flippin' posessed! The look on his face changes and it's scary to see, he starts breathing different....I don't like it and I know I need to do everything I can to nip it now before he gets bigger and stronger. It's just SOOOOOOO dang hard to call the police on your 10 year old!!!

I could really use some words of wisdom here. I've been dealing with it for a while, but I really just now feel like I am actually dealing with the REALITY of our situation.

Thanks for listening!

:rolleyes:

B

butterflydreams

Oh the look thing! My difficult child does that too! I swear he is possessed. His breathing deepens too. I almost can see steam coming out of his ears. I can't imagine calling the police either - but I know I won't hesitate too if the need was there. My difficult child hasn't broken anything recently, but in our old apartment he busted the door of my bedroom off the hinges because I was in there with it locked trying to talk to my dad about him and he was mad! This was before he was being seen by the doctor though. I think he knows now, if he were to pull anything like that he would end up inpatient for sure.

Christy