Not a Good Morning

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Woke up too late for my dentist appointment, so I will have to reschedule again. This is why I don't make appointments early morning.........sleeping at night is such a challenge and when I finally do get to sleep waking up early is an even bigger challenge......also rarely happens. I was doing morning appointments because I'm watching easy child's boys until she can find a 2nd shift sitter.

Went to turn on the kitchen light to make coffee. husband had just put in new bulbs in the ceiling fan maybe 4 days ago.........loud POP and all the bulbs blew at once. He just tried replacing them.......of course fixture is not working. I have a sneaky suspicion this is mouse related. I could be wrong as this fixture has blown bulbs at record speed since we've owned the house.

No clue how expensive electricians are..........but husband is NOT messing with the fixture himself. If electrician is too expensive........it will be until our taxes come back that it is fixed, and I'll have to pray we get enough back to be able to pay to have it fixed. Oh lovely. Meanwhile I'm sitting in a totally dark kitchen because that is where my desk is located. If I hadn't taken the keyboarding class........typing would be impossible. lol ugh

Of course this week was going to be mega cleaning week too. That will be a tad hard with no kitchen lights.

If the rodents caused it..........out comes the poison and I'll just have to watch the animals as closely as possible. I can't have them chewing away at wiring. No way in heck I can't afford to rewire the whole house.

Not Not NOT happy this morning! And there is of course the challenge of keeping husband's hands OFF the fixture. After a simple changing the washers in the tub faucets turned out a disaster.....he's not going near anything else in the house.

I need more coffee. :mornincoffee::rollingpin:

H

HaoZi

How old is the fixture itself? Would Lowe's or Home Depot do the work to replace it if you bought a new fixture from them?

T

TeDo

I am sorry Hound. Life without lights in even one room would drive me nuts but the kitchen would be even worse. Try HaoZi's suggestion. It can't hurt.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Light fixture is about 7-8 yrs old. The house was completely re-wired before we bought it. All fixtures ect in the house were new as well.

I'll try Lowe's first........most likely cheaper than an electrician. lol And that is probably where the guy got the fixture from anyway.

4timmy

I don't like having light bulbs burn out. It discombobulates me. Here's hoping it will only get better for you today.

Mom2oddson

I had that happen. Took 2 weeks to get the kitchen lights fixed. So I cooked by a living room lamp and one of those flashlight-headband things. It was not fun. Hamburger looks cooked when there is not light. Sorry you are having a rough start this morning.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
All four at once? Yeah, that sounds rather suspicious to me, too.

Just make sure you turn off the breaker before anyone does any work... Trust me on this one. We found out the hard way that a light switch downstairs was wired for 220. Sigh.

KTMom91

Wish we were closer. Hubby is very good at fixing that kind of stuff.

Hope the rest of your day is better. Hugs.

DammitJanet

I so understand completely. My house is a wiring mess. Half the wall outlets dont work anymore. The fixture in my den flickers and normally wont come on so we dont keep a bulb in it anymore. Tony has been bringing home these cheap temporary trial bulbs from work to use in the laundry room and they only last like a week before they blow and when they blow, they break and you cant get the stupid bulb out of the fixture. So right now, my laundry room is a mine field of broken glass. Oh but its not his fault even though I have forbidden him to do it after the first time! After all, how expensive are light bulbs?!? Certainly less expensive than listening to me scream if I get glass in my foot!!!! Well maybe not to him because he is deaf.

I cannot wait to start remodeling this house. Oh when will all the boys leave?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Evidently husband didn't check the right circuit breaker. omg This is why he's not allowed to make home repairs. lol

But it works and that's what is important.

Janet our last house was that way. We were renters, landlord was an electrician and still it was that way. That house scared me.