Not a great way to wake up in the morning.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is the 2nd morning I've woken up to doggie diarrhea on the floor. Yesterday morning was the livingroom. I cleaned it up, and husband had the job of shampooing the carpet when I went to school. Foulest smell in the world.:sick:

This morning I discover it in the kitchen by stepping in it.:faint: Now the brainiac who redid this house put a lightswitch near the kitchen door, not one near the livingroom entrance. So when you get up you have to walk all the way across the kitchen to get to the light switch. I have a huge kitchen by the way. My house is pitch black at night by the way. Now that was fun trying to get to the light switch without making the mess worse by tracking it everywhere.

Again with the horrid smell.

It's Molly. I know she held it as long as possible. Molly simply refuses to go in the house under any circumstances. But I can't figure out the cause. She had some leftovers in her dish last night but it was just a wee bit of roast beef. And the night before it was just dog food.

This is not a great thing when you already have to get up at the butt crack of dark, so you've cut your time down to the wire to get as much sleep as possible. Took me a half hour to clean it up.:sick:

Soooo not a great start to the day. bleh!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Not a good way to wake up, I agree.
I was encouraged to wake up a 4:45 to let Darcie get outside. I understand completely about not getting the sleep you hoped for but at least I got him outside in time.
Good luck for the rest of the day.

KTMom91

I hope you weren't barefoot, at least! Bad enough stepping in it with shoes on...hope Molly's OK, and you're able to figure out what's causing this.

trinityroyal

Bleah. :sick:

I'm sorry you had such a rough start to your day. I hope you can figure out whatever's causing Molly's...um...digestive issue, and fix whatever it is soon.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
HD--

Been there! Stepped in a pile with my slippers and made a trail of footprints all the way across the room to the light switch.... UUGGHH!!!!

We put nightlights everywhere after that. At least we could see to avoid stepping in it before we got to a light

Now for the dog:

First thing to rule out is worms. Especially hookworms. They can give your dog terrible almost explosive diarrhea. And they get hookworms from the soil--so it's very easy to pick them up.

After a worming, try feeding boiled rice w chicken broth for a day or two.

Hopefully, puppy will be feeling better soon!

klmno

Ughhh... I agree with the boiled meat (only a little) and rice meal for a couple of days. Also, look for signs of worms. Or- if it goes away after just a day or two it could be her body cleaning the anal glands out.

Lothlorien

been there done that as well....more than once, too. At least it was the kitchen floor and not the carpet again. I hope you can take a nap later and that Molly feels better.
Generally, the vet told me to withold food for a day and then start her on rice with a little broth the next day.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok, can do the rice and broth. And they're due for worming again anyway so will take care of that too while I'm at it.

Unfortunately I was barefoot. Which caused another explosion out of my mouth. (I'd have made a sailor blush) lol

Yeah, husband wasn't thrilled he got to shampoo the carpet, but even after I cleaned it I didn't want it sitting there in the fibers until I got home. Double ewww. I've got babies crawling around on my carpet. But mopping the kitchen floor at 5am in my opinion wasn't a whole lot better. ugh I'm half tempted to crate her tonight and let Betsy sleep out, except that would break her heart.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, double blech!

I recently had the carpet on my stairs professionally cleaned. And that's when I learned that the length of time it takes the carpet to dry is inversely proportional to how soon a cat will barf on it! :rolleyes: