Not complaining but.........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Just like we switched from 60 degrees to over 100 with the heat index..........

We've flipped back this week. Oh, not the 60's but today barely hit 75 and it definitely had an autumn feel to it. This is August.......we should be in the upper 80's at least, if not the low 90's. And I can't get over the autumn feel to the air....but that could just be me. lol

I am NOT complaining. This is the 1st time my AC has been off in forever and my house is open and I'm enjoying every single minute, trust me. It's fabulous.

But tonight's low will be 59......next several days and nights are to be about the same. Very odd for August.

Storms lately have also been odd. Lots of air to ground lightening, and I do mean LOTS.....so much so in the last two storms that you barely had breaks between it and the thunder. I just waited for it to hit at the end of the street again.

Maybe I should just shut up and enjoy the weather while we've got it. :rofl:

T

TeDo

I agree it has been VERY strange weather this summer. Not sure what I expected after the horrific winter we had but I sure wasn't expecting this. I AM enjoying the cooler weather. It can stay just like this until December and I'd be happy, happy, happy.

DammitJanet

DO NOT BRAG!!!!!!! It is 110 in the shade here. I swear I left home at 4:30 and it was 101 and came home at 6:30 and it was 102!

InsaneCdn

Lets see, now... my memory is a bit rusty sometimes, but if I remember right...

Not too long ago, this Hound Dog was having strange problems with something that sorta was like the moon, but couldn't really figure that one out.
Now, this Hound Dog is having strange problems with the weather.

Hmmm...
What next... strange problems with bugs? with food? with ... hmmm...

Hound Dog - maybe the problem is just you?
I mean, if this was happening to one of our difficult child kids, they'd be told its all in their head.

Its just kinda suspicious.
Know what I mean??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Lets see, now... my memory is a bit rusty sometimes, but if I remember right...

Not too long ago, this Hound Dog was having strange problems with something that sorta was like the moon, but couldn't really figure that one out.
Now, this Hound Dog is having strange problems with the weather.

Hmmm...
What next... strange problems with bugs? with food? with ... hmmm...

Hound Dog - maybe the problem is just you?
I mean, if this was happening to one of our difficult child kids, they'd be told its all in their head.

Its just kinda suspicious.
Know what I mean??

:rofl:

Well........if that is the case then I'm sharing my delusion with the entire county. LOL

Janet I'm so sorry it's still blistering hot there. I'm sure we'll be right back at it once this week of fluke weather passes. We've got a lot hot weather time left still.

And yeah, every night I check the moon......... No more too close giant orange neon orbs though, which suits me just fine. But am certain whatever the heck it was it was NOT the moon. The moon is not in that part of the sky at that time of the night. I'm not bonkers as easy child woke up one night and looked outside because she thought someone was shining a bright light or something and saw it too. She lives down the alley from me the next block over.

H

HaoZi

Cripes it's in the 50s here this morning. Got up ready to kick the heater on, brrrrr!

everywoman

It's still blistering here too--and I would like it to cool a little so I can work in my new yard---lots to do out there. Enjoy the weather Lisa.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's gorgeous here - but then, I'm somewhere in between Hound and HaoZi.

I was thinking about it - just a few years ago they were cancelling school due to the heat in AUGUST... This year it was in JUNE. It's like the summer shifted back about a month.

Hmm.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Strange weather here too. It's a beautiful 53 degrees here this morning and we'll only hit 79 today:)

muttmeister

Weird here too. It's been beautiful here except for lots of thunderstorms. It's 59 right now at 7:30 AM. A couple of weeks ago the 7:30 temp would have been about 30 degrees higher. I'm thankful because I really can't afford two months of $400 electric bills - one is enough! Don't know how long it will last as usually August is our hottest month but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Our water bill for mid-June to mid-July was HALF what it was the month before and a THIRD of what it was the month before that.

Electricity dropped significantly, too. Not as much.

This was during the heat wave from Hades.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Our water bill for mid-June to mid-July was HALF what it was the month before and a THIRD of what it was the month before that.

Electricity dropped significantly, too. Not as much.

This was during the heat wave from Hades.

Wish I could say the same. I did a double take at someone's 400.00 electric bill. OMG! Ours was bad enough at 225.00.....I nearly fainted dead away. Triple what it would've been without AC on but the heat / humidity was too much to do without the AC........especially if I like breathing, which I do.

I think they jacked up the rates for electric again while we weren't looking.

Water bill though was way way down........husband finally fixed the bathroom faucets correctly and we no longer have a constant stream of water in the tub. ugh

Our high for the next few days is going to be 75 degrees with lows in the low 50's at night. Unreal. Fantastic, but unreal.

I should be able to finally get some major yard work done.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - our budget billing is $329/month. But I can see what the credit or debit is each month. And despite the heat? There's another reason.

DammitJanet

Lisa, before I got a new hvac unit, my elec bill averaged 400 in summer and 300 in winter. Sometimes even hit almost 500 during the hottest month. Now...I have only had low 200s. Thank heavens!

KTMom91

The weather's been strange here, too. Very few days over 100 (unusual for us) and we've had awful humidity, considering the mantra for the Valley in the summer is, "But it's a DRY heat!"

Our water and electricity bills will be cut in half once Miss KT goes to school, since I am not a fanatic about doing laundry and showering at least twice a day.:bath:

H

HaoZi

Every day I become more grateful that my major utilities are included in my rent.