Not Feeling Well Still

babyblue31

He finally ate, and is now watching spongebob.. Sometimes T.V. is a god sent for me.. apsecially sence I don't feel good.. Maybe it's the stress.. I don't know.. The house is still a mess and frankly I don't care.. All I want to do is craw in my bed and sleep, but that won't happen for 2 half more hours.. Plus I'm in alot of pain with my neck right now, but I know if I take a pain pill it will knock me out sence, I'm already so tired.. Sometimes I feel like I can't possiblly handle anymore, But I strongly believe that god don't give us anything we can't handle I'm just at wits end right now.. Thank all of you for listening to me vent and your good advice..

Wiped Out

Staff member
Many a times I have been thankful for tv for a bit of respite. It also used to help bring my difficult child out of his rages. Hugs.

slsh

member since 1999
While Barney provokes a bit of a PTSD response in me these days, that purple dinosaur probably saved my sanity on more than a few days by occupying thank you for a half hour or so, LOL. When things are rough, especially when you're under the weather, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get you and difficult child through the day.

Hope you're feeling better soon - do remember to take care of *you*!!

nvts

BabyBlue! Please don't take this the wrong way. You're new and I don't know you yet, but have you considered talking to someone about depression? You sound so sad and my heart is breaking for you.

You're in a real bind and sounds like you totally need a break. With the ADHD, neck pain, financials, etc. it's no wonder that the stress would be getting you down. Since you can only take the pain pills and they have such a "sedating" effect, maybe a depression medication would help.

Chronic physical pain often causes depression, then when you add all the other stressors, it wouldn't be surprising!

Again, I hope you don't get offended. If you look at a lot of the signatures on this board, many of our members suffer from it. How couldn't you, with all we go through!

Feel better hon and keep us posted!

Beth

In addition to what Nvts said, depression can cause physical pain! It can be a vicious cycle. I agree that you should talk to someone.

On the heels of what Going North said in another post, much of this depression could stem from the death of your husband. Grieving is a process, a long one. Perhaps you did jump into a new relationship too soon. You heart needs to grieve the loss of one man before it can be replaced with another.

I imagine that a lot of your son's acting out could be from the loss of his daddy too. He could benefit from grief counseling as well.