not feeling well today - Palpations?

bby31288

Hi all,

For the past few days I have had some chest discomfort? Not sure how to explain. Kind of feel short of breath, maybe heavyness in my chest area. My pulse seems fine. I feel like I'm yawing alot, or taking deep breaths. I'm just not sure.

Its like I don't want to send everyone into a panic. Recently had blood work. That seemed ok.

I'm not sure what's up...

Last edited:

bby31288

Maybe I'll stop by the Emergency Medical Office on my way home from work. If I go to the ER or something I will send difficult child into a panic mess. Her anxiety will shoot way up. I don't want to do that to her. I hate this.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Um - HELLO

WHY STOP AFTER WORK -??????

YOU ARE IMPORTANT -

THIS COULD BE HUGE.............

YOU COME FIRST NOT JOB -

How are the girls? Long time no talk to

Abbey

Spork Queen
Go, go, go. It could be something as simple as stress (ha!) or something worse. Don't worry about difficult child. This is YOUR life.

Abbey

busywend

I have had the same sensations lately. They never real feel like ER symptoms. I do have high blood pressure and wonder sometimes how much of that contributes to these feelings. I am currently trying a medication for it, but it is not lowering the numbers yet.

I am a bit frustrated since my doctor wants to medicate without checking out my heart first. I figure if I have high blood pressure, why? It is not in my family. I do not smoke. Even with some weight loss no decrease in the numbers.

I don't know, but you certainly should at least seek out your doctor's opinion.

bby31288

Busy, I know what you mean. Its kind of like, you don't want to go into the ER and and have nothing wrong with you? Then you kind of feel foolish. I am thinking about even with insurance, how much money an ER visit can cost. I do appreciate everyone's opinion. If I do the EMO visit, its like walk in emergency, maybe they can just do a quick EKG and tell me if something seems wrong? I have lost weight and am down almost 50 lbs. My blood pressure has never been an issue.

busywend

Do you feel like you just can not get enough oxygen? That is the only way to describe it. And I think the tiredness and weakness is due to not having enough oxygen.

Mine has been going on over a month now. It is scary and annoying.

Star*

call 911........call 911
MOST copays on insurance for doctor in the box are $50 -

YOU ARE WORTH THAT MUCH....and for $50 - its' worth your peace of mind to NOT have this added worry on top of your "probably nothing"

Exhausted74

I had the same thing happen to me about 2 1/2 yrs ago. When I first noticed it, it would happen every once in awhile..then it started to happen a few times a day. I told myself if it happened again that I would go have it checked. I was extremely tired all the time, even if I slept a good nights sleep.Well, it happened again... I went on web.com and found a local dr. She did a work up on me, and a week later- I was diagnosed with Thyroid disease.

bby31288

Thanks everyone for your concern. I did go to ER. EKG was ok. Basically its stress/panic attack. I do feel better having it checked out. I am having surgery on Wednesday to have an Ablation. I think thats what made me have it checked out.

So the quick fix is valium. Not quite sure what the long term fix is.

SRL

MOST copays on insurance for doctor in the box are $50 - "

Alas, my copay for doctor in the box and ER are both $100.

I was having palpitations and it turned out to be high blood pressure caused by too much Diet Dr. Pepper and a daily decongestant.

Glad it was nothing serious.