Not many people out there like this anymore

mstang67chic

Going Green
It's been hours and I'm still scatterbrained.

Back up to about 1:00 this afternoon when I got back to my desk from lunch. I find an email from the owner's assistant instructing me and a group of others to a MANDATORY meeting at 1:40.

Oh KOI.

No one knows what's going on....whispering is rampant....you know the drill.

All employees were required to attend the meeting but were called in groups so the phones were still covered. When my direct supervisor and the neighboring supervisor came out of their meeting, they were both in tears. For these two women, that is RARE. So then.....of course we're really whispering. I finally get in to my meeting and it's with the owner.

Turns out he sold 80% of the company, retaining control of 20% but is still the managing partner. NOthing will change, the "parent" company seems to be some kind of investment firm and bought us as an investment. Owner said that they would NOT be coming in to try to take over, he wouldn't have done the deal otherwise.

Anyway.....this man split the profits of the sale with every single employee. :faint: How much we got depended of course on how long we have been there and what our position is. I expected, based on his comments during the meeting, a few hundred dollars...maybe $500. It was more.

I"m staying there until they drag me out.

HMBgal

Wow. Business people that treat people, well, like people. Happy Holidays to you! And I hope it goes well for you new company because they sound like they will be good employers, and we know how rare that is.

T

TeDo

Do they outsource work to places such as.....say......Minnesota?!? I need a job and would LOVE to work for a company like that (but relocating there is not an option). LOL To paraphrase HMB "Merry Christmas to you!!!"

H

HaoZi

Wow, just wow. Every now and then you read something like that in Reader's Digest, but knowing someone it actually happened to makes it real. I'm ready to "squee!" in happiness for you, and I'm not a "squee!" type of gal.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I still can't believe it. He's not a total saint....he freely admitted that he got "a little" more than we did but still! LOL The man split.....get ready....

FIVE MILLION DOLLARS with the 320 employees.

H

HaoZi

You make sure you do something really nice and relaxing for you and your other half. Then tell me which day spa is worth saving up for a visit. ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
15 grand? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????? :choir:HOLY MOKES!

sooooooooo what are you getting me for Christmas? ROFLM donkey off............

CONGRATULATIONS 'Stang I can't think of anyone that deserves it more!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh no!!!! Not that much!!! I'm sure some people did....managment....been there for 20 years....but not me. Not even close but still quite nice! I"m going to get new tires on my car and the rest is going in the bank for a vacation fund. husband and I haven't had a vacation longer than a weekend trip since spring of 1996.