Not one, but two interviews

Steely

This week - for this same job in AZ.
Wed & Fri.
I am believing, visualizing, proclaiming positivity.....and the list goes on and on.
Thanks for being on this journey with me.

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!! AWESOME!!!!!

I am positively THRILLED for you! I will keep the prayers and nekkid chicken liver dancing (down cat!) going!

This is truly great news. Not sure where you are travelling from, but if you have a stopover in OK, let me know!

I am proud - you went out and found something new. It is hard, esp after all you have been through this year.

Best of luck!

TerryJ2

Steely, this is very good news.
Companies don't waste their time on interviews unless they're very interested.
You GO!

:cheerleader:

klmno

I agree- two interviews and letting you know ahead of time when they will be is GREAT news!! You go girl!!!

everywoman

Yeah Steely. And I am sending you 1000 red balloons, so if anyone pops one you can still rise above the "stuff." Hugs and prayers.

tiredmommy

Fingers crossed, prayers said, good thoughts going out. These are phone interviews, right? I've had several very successful ones over the years. Here's some unsolicited advice:

Make sure you aren't slouching on the phone: sit on a straight back chair or stand.

Have a mirror in front of you to remind yourself to smile when speaking. Dress like you would for any other interview because it will help you feel professional and confidant.

Have a copy of your resume and references in front of you.

Go potty at least 15 minutes before the interview... sometimes they call a few minutes early.

Turn off your cell, pager, and call waiting before the interview... you don't want interruptions.

Have a cold drink ready to discreetly sip.

Make sure any pets needs are taken care of well before the interview time.

Have paper and pencil ready for any notes you wish to take.

Write down any questions you may have for the interviewer.

Be sure you know the correct spelling and location of the interviewers so you can immediately forward your thank you notes.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You go girl!!!! Woot Woot!!!!

:D :D :D

I'll say a special prayer, keep fingers/toes crossed, and send all the positive thoughts I can muster.

But I personally think they'd be idiots not to snatch you right up. :D

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, close your eyes and click your heels together THREE times and repeat,"There's no place like ariZone...There's no place like ariZone... There's no place like ariZone..."

My crystal ball sez u r already there 'cuz you is gettin' that job young lady!

nvts

Steely! Great news! Nyah, nyah, nya, nyah, nyah to anyone in your life who's not pushing the positive!

Much positive juju coming your way! I'll betcha Star's nekkid as a jaybird with little livers glued to her elbows!

Beth

KTMom91

How exciting! Crossing fingers, saying prayers, and doing a very slow rain dance that these people will realize how wonderful you are!

susiestar

Roll With It
Steely,

I am sure you know this but the advice you got was great. In this market every applicant NEEDS an edge.

The market husband was looking in a few years ago was very tight here. We really did NOT want to move. I hounded husband about ONE thing -

Hand Written Thank You Notes on nice cards. Just ones from Hallmark or wherever, plain and simple is fine.

But sending this can REALLY give you an edge. husband was with his company about 8 months when he was in a meeting with the top dog in the company - not just in this location but in the entire US. He said that one of the things that really made husband stick in their minds was the hand written thank you note they got. In fact, it was put in a frame in the guy's office. This guy was doing the final interviews for this location as it was brand new. husband was the ONLY person to send ANY kind of thank you note, much less one to EACH person he interviewed with.

They were looking for attention to detail and this detail helped husband get the job.

Just thought for you!

Thinking positively!

Susie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just did a backflip and then the splits!!!
I am so so so hopeful and so fricken excited for you!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
tiredmommy gave excellent suggestions...... do think in terms of a "live" interview.... hope it goes well and a job offer results! Go girl!!!

Steely

Well, we talked for an hour. I am not sure how it went. Like some things my brain went foggy on, sometimes I wonder about mental well being. Most of it I guess I did well on, once I could really start talking about my achievements, than I got into a groove. But I am not sure if I was peppy enough, or said what they wanted to hear. None the less, I am talking to someone else Friday, so maybe I can my head clearer.

Plus now, I am seriously scared. They would want this to happen soon, as in the next month. And the only thing in this town is a Walmart and a Safeway, total population 8K. Yikes, I want this - but it would be an unbelievable change for me.

Any ideas on how to find housing for such a small town. I did an internet search, and there are 2 houses available and no apartments. I am sure there has to be more.

I don't know why I feel so not excited right now. I guess because I feel like I was not on my best game in the interview.:( I have been so beaten down this year, that sometimes my words just don't come out like I want them to. Anyway - I know I am too critical of myself, so it could have gone great, and I would clueless.

Thanks for you continued support. I am supposed to have another interview Friday, and one more this week. So now it is 3. Next interviews I am going to go jog for 2 miles ahead of time so that every ounce of blood possible can be in my brain.

I took your advice though TM - thanks tons.
And thanks for all of you believing in me. You believe in me, more than I do myself I think. Thanks.

trinityroyal

Steely, an hour-long interview is a very positive sign. They wouldn't spend that much time with you if they weren't interested in what you had to say.

Also, don't judge your performance by how you felt during or after the interview. In my line of work, I have to interview for positions all the time, and I can NEVER TELL from how I feel afterward, whether they liked me or not.

I have a good gut feeling about this one. Keeping the positive thoughts and prayers heading your way.

Go Steely Go!

Trinity

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Housing would be one of my questions for them on Friday, and quality of life in the town where you would be moving to, opportunities for community involvement, etc. They want to make sure you are happy there too, so the question is not out in left field..... also any moving allowance? although it may not be available for the position you are seeking.
If they want you to start soon, they might help you get there quicker and find a place to live...... don't tire yourself out with a long run before the interview........ fingers crossed!!