Not so very calm today...afterall

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I still think that everything will always turn out okay. Call me a pollyanna, but I do.

However, I think I may have been in a little bit of a shock yesterday as well as easy child, after her accident. Everything was just sort of building up...and today, after speaking with the tow company, not being able to get a hold of H all day, coming into work late for driving difficult child to school, and then leaving at lunch to go check on easy child's puppy, and then leaving work again to go pick up difficult child from school (it's an hour round trip!) and now being stuck at work till 5:30 to try and make up the time.

I've spent a majority of my time at my desk today doing bits of work, but making calls to the insurance (there was no collision so there is no money), running around for everyone, playing a computer game (as my only escape), and checking my email by the minute in the hopes that someone will buy easy child's car as parts. I have a knot in my chest.

I feel like I could explode. I want to go home and crawl into my bed and not come out. I want someone else to make dinner.

WHERE WAS H??????? ALL DAY??? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXING difficult child'S CAR. ALL DAY. AND HE WAS SUPPOSED TO GET HER SO I COULDN'T MISS MORE WORK. She has school again tomorrow - I can't do tomorrow what I did today. I just cannot. And there is no bus and because her classes are in an annexed building away from her school, there is no one she can carpool with. And she can't miss a class.

I already feel like my job is in peril - I can't keep leaving work for these personal things. Last week it was easy child in the hospital, this week it's ruined cars and me playing caretaker.

I think easy child will have to find day care for her puppy at least two of the four days a week that I go home at lunch to take her out. I shouldn't lose my only free time for a puppy, much as I love her.

So, yesterday was calm all around - today not so much. On top of it all, I as much as I know things will always work out, I can't help but be a little freaked out about the money aspect of things. The tow company is charging us $279 for the tow and I will have to get AAA to reimburse us for the tow part which is $115.

On top of that, difficult child's tuition is due next Thursday - $850. Monday is easy child's birthday and we wanted to get her a Garmin GPS. I don't know if that will happen now. Thank God oil is not a giant worry right now - I was able to get on a budget plan and our cost will be $265/month due at the end of the month beginning in November. So I'm just freaking out a little bit about money...a little bit.

Vent over - send more calm, please. Thanks.

trinityroyal

Oh Jo,

It happens this way sometimes...delayed reaction. After everything settles down, you know that your girls are okay, you have workarounds in place for transportation etc., NOW you have the freedom to panic.

Sending calm and peaceful thoughts, and doing the calming dance (more of a gentle sway) for you. You WILL get through this and everything will work out.

Trinity

Stella Johnson

I know how you feel. WHen it rains it pours.
Instead of the Garmin GPS check out www.buy.com
I bought a NUVI gps for $100 on there and I love it. It has all the same features as the Garmin and works just as well.

((hugs))

Steph

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child is such a great young woman. When she came home last night she left $360 on my dresser to cover the costs of the tow and anything else involved with it.

I came home like he// on wheels last night and ripped into H, like I swore I wouldn't. easy child hates yelling of any kind (who doesn't?) and although I actually tried to keep it down to a low roar, H kept giving me reasons why I was being unreasonable and I wasn't having it. I have always been the one who leaves work early, goes in late or misses entire days when there is a family emergency and the TWO times I've asked him to help me, he gives me grief about it?? When he started his song and dance, I let him have it and I don't regret it and know I am right. easy child and difficult child both know it also.

Anyway, I guess with all the talk about the immediate expenses and how they relate to her, easy child felt compelled to kick in so she took money out at the ATM. This money is her Spain money, so I will give her back some and when the AAA reimburses us I will give her that also. I don't want her to miss this opportunity to go to Spain. She's wanted to go for 4 years.

Worrying never solved anything, it is true. But it sure is difficult not to worry. AAA is towing her car to our house so we can sell it for parts and not pay storage fees at the tow yard. At least that will be resolved today.

Jo,

I'm so sorry things are so rough for you right now. I'm also the one who has to "fix" everything at home. I understand why you're so angry at your H.

The poor economy has caused lots of financial stress for me too. Usually I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. Lately, I've had a few sleepless nights just worrying about how we're going to stay afloat... I'm glad you're not going to have to pay storage fees for the car. This is something positive! (I also tend to look at things from an optimistic viewpoint. For me, I think it is partly a survival mechanism.)

Your easy child is a wonderful, caring and thoughtful woman!!! Take away all the financial garbage, your inconsiderate H, etc, and take a moment to think about the intelligent, compassionate woman your daughter is... in my humble opinion, this sort of puts all the above garbage into perspective - Not that the garbage in life doesn't affect us - it does. Just that there are good things too, even when life's rotten moments take over temporarily... I hope this makes sense. I'm not always good at expressing myself in writing...

Anyway, I hope today is a much better day for you. I'm sending lots of positive and calming thoughts your way... WFEN