Not sure if I belong here but...

Copabanana

CB, It is COPA again. There is a training for Vet tech. It is not long. Dept of Rehab can help her get an internship with the humane society. If she wants to be a vet there are steps she can take right now to realize the goal, little by little.

Why not tell her this. Have her propose it at the IEP, and ask for assistance. Right now. Not just for accommodations for her laziness but to reach her goals.

These vet techs assist in operations, and do all manner of medical assisting with animals in vet hospitals and clinics. She would love it.

Insist that she take herself seriously. Her dreams seriously. Now is the time to try.

COPA

Copabanana

I got this off google:

Veterinary technologists and technicians perform medical tests under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian to assist in diagnosing the injuries and illnesses of animal
The role of a vet tech combines elements of many disciplines such as nursing, imaging, lab work, and customer service. Typical duties include:

• Providing first aid and nursing care
  • Assisting veterinarians during examinations and procedures
  • Performing or helping with diagnostic tests such as X-rays, urinalysis and blood counts
  • Conducting routine procedures like dental cleanings and immunizations
  • Preparing animals for surgery
  • Monitoring the condition of patients
  • Educating pet owners on animal care and welfare
  • Ensuring that lab animals receive humane treatment
They can work at zoos. Would I have loved that!!!

They say you need a certificate or AA degree which can be obtained at a community college. The prerequisites are science classes. She could probably use the same courses to enter veterinary college if she chose to later.

COPA