Not to scare off InsaneCdn or anything but...

tiredmommy

I feel like crappola. And I have for over a month. :( First I had a cold, then my IBS got very bad then another cold. I haven't had a fever (temperature is a little low, if anything), had cold sores, congestion and mouth sores. I switched to a prenatal vitamin in the hopes that I keep getting sick because I wasn't absorbing nutrients well well my IBS flared. The mouth sores have been horrible. Thankfully they are somewhat better now, but still not completely healed. They're very painful and make me feel exhausted.

This happened last year and I was sick almost full time until May. So please... make me go to the doctor if I haven't shown marked improvement by next weekend, okay? I hate going to the doctor but I can't afford to be sick all the time either.

Oh, and I hate my job.

InsaneCdn

{{hugs}}
Nah, won't scare me off... but my turn is probably coming.

Stress. It is the biggest single killer. And with a difficult child (or more than one) around... no way to avoid stress.

tiredmommy

I don't know how much stress is related this time since it's happened two years in a row. I think it's more likely that I'm catching the same or similar bug since this is almost identical to last year. :(

shellyd67

TM have you tried the "milk of magnesia" mix for your cold sores and mouth ulcers?

Your pcp can tell you exactly what the mix is and RX it and it works wonders.

My easy child gets those quite often and they heal much quicker and they sooth the pain.

Hugs and I hope you feel better soon ! ((( HUGS ))):getwell:

flutterby

Fly away!
TM, because of the timing 2 years in a row, because of how long it's lasting, and because of the symptoms I would go to a doctor and get an autoimmune panel run now while you're symptomatic. I know there are a couple that are associated with mouth sores. The fatigue and IBS just adds to the list.

tiredmommy

Heather~ which disorders fit with mouth sores? I know the cold sores are herpes simplex that is reacting to another virus. I'm also curious if postnasal drip could be adding to the problem, as in the back of my throat and mouth is inflamed and that might be conducive to developing the mouth sores on the roof of my mouth. In other words, could I have a low level sinus infection causing this?

flutterby

Fly away!
Behcet's specifically comes to mind and mouth sores (of a certain type) are hallmark symptoms. It can also effect the GI tract causing IBS-like symptoms. Other AI disorders are associated with mouth sores, too.

Although, canker sores and cold sores are also linked to stress. My son would get horrible canker sores - huge, and lots at once - and we could link it to stress. They were incredibly painful - it hurt to talk, let alone eat or drink. He was prescribed this numbing solution that you gargle and spit out, but it only worked for minutes.

I don't know about postnasal drip leading to mouth sores. That doesn't make sense to me unless the sores are in the back of your mouth and throat.

tiredmommy

I don't work enough to be good at it. I can't understand the prescriber writing on the hard copies and I'm a wreck handling third party info.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hope you feel better soon. I took a chance two days before I got 'canned' and got a flu shot thinking - If I'm going to continue to work around people that are non-innoculated (constant flow of illegal immigrants in the store who never cease to amaze me by dragging snotty, crusty nosed, coughing children in to shop for 8 hours) I better get one. Then? -----

But I think Heather is onto something with the A.I. panel. Worth checking into.

HUGS

tiredmommy

Ahem... guess who has an absolutely horrific sinus headache since this afternoon. No fever, but I do have chills. It hurt so bad on our way home in the car that I thought I might get sick.