Nothing like a stay in the hospital

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, Mar 13, 2009.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

to make you sicker than a dog. I was home no more than 24 hours & was hit by the crud. Ick.......I feel awful. Look even worse. (I had been lucky so far this winter - no colds or anything thus far.)

I've been walking about since yesterday afternoon with vick's vaporub slathered on my neck & chest; that wrapped in a big warm scarf, my hoodie sweatshirt, sweatpants & fuzzy slippers. Not the prettiest picture but it's soothing. (I've got the vaporizer running or I'm in the bathroom steaming myself by running the shower really long.)

I have a home health nurse stopping in this morning; she can call my GP if I need anything for this. in my humble opinion, it's just the hospital crud following me home & needs to play itself out. Ick.......

2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Ick is right! No fun fighting the crud but sounds like you are doing a good job battling it. I'm glad a nurse is coming over so she can check to make sure if you do need a doctor or not. Feel better soon!

3. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Well since I don't mind the smell of vicks I will give you some hugs. Please continue to take care of yourself.

beth

4. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

Hope you're feeling better ASAP!!! Drink lots of water, tea, if you can. Thinking of you - Sending lots of hugs... WFEN

5. Steely

Steely Active Member

Hugs,
    I got home from my crazy travel schedule and am sick with the crud/flu too.:sick: It stinks to be sick - sorry.

6. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

What a lovely parting gift they gave you! NOT.

Feel better soon!

7. Jungleland

Jungleland Welcome to my jungle!

I am sorry you are not up to par. another one here down with the crud, feel horrid, look worse!

maybe we can all go to a spa somewhere and sit in a sauna with eucaliptus (no idea how to spell that).

Hugs, Vickie