Nothing like starting out the New Year

SRL

with a $75 medical bill so the doctor can tell your teenager the very same advice that they wouldn't listen to from you at home. :itching:

Anyone else start 2010 with something as ridiculous?

SRL

Not yet- so are you going to tell us what the issue was?

For my 75 bucks, the doctor told my kiddo to treat chronic dry, red skin on his hands, he should wash them for shorter periods of time, use a good quality skin cream several times a day, and when they're really bad use petroleum jelly with socks or gloves over them at night.

Od course, I've never given any of that advice before. :doctor:

klmno

LOL! You spent all this time practicing being a good mom only to learn that he doesn't take advice from mom but expects mom to foot the bill for someone else to tell him- is that what you're saying?

SRL

LOL! You spent all this time practicing being a good mom only to learn that he doesn't take advice from mom but expects mom to foot the bill for someone else to tell him- is that what you're saying?

I already knew he wasn't listening and wasn't going to, which is why I sent him off to the doctor with his dad.

Plus if it went any longer it was going to probably wind up costing me both in terms of more frustration as well as a trip to the dermatologist.

Yes, wiped out, "argh" is right. Sigh...

klmno

Is he old enough to make him reimburse you for this? Seriously, it gets to a point where if they won't listen then they can pay the bill to hear the same thing from someone else.