Nothing tastes better than thin feels.

JJJ

I do not want to eat that chocolate bar.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Keep repeating along with the bigger the snack the bigger the slacks!!

on the other hand, it is o.k. to plan in some snacks. I'm a firm believer if you completely deprive yourself you'll end up eating more later.

Ok, here goes... The bigger the snacks, the bigger the slacks. A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I also agree with Sharon. If you totally deprive yourself of everything you love, eventually it'll come back as added padding in places you don't want added padding!!!

Remember, we're aiming for a healthy lifestyle. It is a plan for life. And, don't beat yourself up if you cave in to temptation every now and then. It's how you live most of the time that matters. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! WFEN

JJJ

The problem with the candy bar was I found it, right after I had my daily treat.

Well, I gave the candy bar to my mom so it wouldn't be in the house tempting me :). I did wake up at 2am craving Cheetos. So I had a small handful and went back to bed.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Picture maggots -

Mind over matter - everytime you look at a chocolate bar - picture maggots.

:crazy1:

N

Nomad

Totally cool to see this!
I really like that expression.

Ironically...I was going to post this question and still might at some point...

Star and others...
What do you think has the GREATEST influence on weight loss efforts?

Pick one: The way your mind is thinking (combined with stress and the support you receive dealing with the stress) or information about food/food items/low calorie foods, recipes etc? Or is it a 50/50 deal?

Thank you! :confused:

(Hugs):D

Nomad,

For me, the greatest influence over weight loss is definitely my mindset, coupled with the amount of stress I'm under, and how much support I receive. While I enjoy trying new recipes and I'm always happy to find new ways to prepare healthy foods, for me, none of that matters in less I'm in the right frame of mind to maintain a healthy lifestyle. WFEN

trinityroyal

Nomad, I agree with WFEN.
My mindset has a much greater influence over my eating than does information about healthy food. Most of the time I love healthy food and actually crave vegetables. But the minute my stress level spikes above a certain point, I start to daydream about deep fried salty crunchy things, with orange cheese powder on them.

If I recall correctly, that craving for junk food in response to stress is biological. Chocolate releases serotonin in our brains, which makes us happy. Carbohydrates (i think) reduce anxiety. There are all sorts of bio. mechanisms at play (the You series by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen has a lot of great information about how to counteract stress without overeating) and it's very hard to fight against that.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
the biggest influence? I'm sick of not feeling well, and not being the stone fox I used to be.

the biggest deterrent?
Maggots :tongue:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The biggest deterrent for me was that a stinking couple of pills (Zyprexa and Depakote) could change my eating habits to the point that I put on 50lbs. If you have GsFGs on Zyprexa who seem after carbs at all times: it's legit.

I got angry and decided that my bipolar could be treated with the medications I need AND I could lose the weight my knees and back were screaming about

LittleDudesMom

The biggest influence for me is my mind - good or bad. I could justify my "lack of health" for a miriad of reasons. I could convince myself that since my actual health was good (BiPolar (BP), sugar levels, etc.) then I was ok. But my mind was helping to distort my reality.

I had to have a really good "talk" with myself to adjust my mindset. My 50th year will be here in 23 months. I think about the time I wasted when I could have been healthier, lighter and more active with my life in general and with my kids. I have not, in the past, allowed my weight to dictate what I did or didn't do. Who cared who saw me in the bathing suit at the beach?

But over the last several months, I found myself becomming a less social person. When I really took a good look, I connected my changing life patterns with my health. Not wanting to walk long distances whether it was at the park or the mall, was my weight not my desire.

I had to stop kidding myself and think of myself first. I knew the best gift I could give myself was to change my outlook and actively work on my health. I have been so blessed with good health all my life. I knew that I was in charge of that continuing or not.

I knew what I should be eating and doing. It was not a matter of not having the ammunition, it was a matter of not using it. I'm not a stupid person by no means. I was just kidding myself.

I looked at my daughter and my son and realized that they are living my example. I am their greatest influence. Perhaps it would not be an issue with difficult child in the immediate future, but in the years to come it would be. easy child has always had a positive self image, she is actually one of the most secure people I know, and has been from middle school age. But I didn't want her to face my demons in the future as well.

I want to enjoy life to the fullest and my weight held me back from that. I don't want to have regrets. I could tell myself that I should have done this 10 years ago, but I try to get my mind in a place where what is important is what I am doing today, what I will do tomorrow, not what I did yesterday.

So, while not a real easy or quick answer, an answer to the question nonetheless.

Sharon

What I did with chocolate bars was put them in the freezer! that way they are a lot harder and take longer to eat. It may take weeks to eat one chocolate bar!!!!!!