Now I have an excuse not to do laundry

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:faint::holymoly::scared:

I dunno about the water pipe thing............

My mom lived in an old farm house out in the country........

She was going to the bathroom and got kissed on the fanny by a rather huge black snake. She jumped up screaming. It had swam up the water pipe into the toilet. :surprise: :rofl:

Andy

Oh great Daisy! Now we can't go potty either?

I was getting ok without doing laundry (just throw the dirty an buy clean? Is that how that one works?)

But not being able to go potty? Not sure I can handle that one!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I KNOW!!!!!

OHHHHH I would have so been like -

AHHHH COOL -

DF - get out there and build us a nice habitat for Maytag - my new EIGHT FOOT SNAKE....

and then......

Funeral to follow because while I love and have handled exotics all my life - had I pulled a very cool, very much wanted 8 foot python out of the laundry - DF would have had a heart attack. (maybe) I dunno I have him handling rats now. (he's the treat master) lol

I keep waiting for something to come through my pipes too but all I ever get is backflow. Boring.

VERY cool story Terry -

DammitJanet

Ohhhhhh Heck NO!

If anything comes crawling out of my pipes you will read about me on the news as NC WOMAN DIES OF HEART ATTACK. I am deathly afraid of snakes. Now I just wont do laundry. I already turn the lights on and examine the potty before I go...lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - it's Friday so my brain is reaaaaaaaly on tap....

What if we crossed that Toilet Janet doesn't want to sit on with gvc moms new toilet seat? Polyeurethaned rattler theme.

OMG - I just thought - you could cut off MORE heads and make them shower curtain holders for a rattlesnake curtain rod.

Where are you sling blade momma?

donna723

OK, this is disgusting but I've just gotta share ... stop reading now if you're going to be eating any time soon! I didn't have a snake in my washer (Thank God, because I would have stroked out!) but I did have another type of "critter". I was doing laundry a few weeks ago and I noticed that there was this 3" long dark-colored "thing" dangling from where the water squirts out - looked like a skinny little twig. I got a paper towel and tugged on it gently and it wouldn't come out. The water sprays out in a fan-shaped stream from up under the rim, so I got a mirror and looked up there ... :sick: it was a small very dead MOUSE - for some reason it had apparently decided to try to crawl up in to the opening where the water comes out and got stuck and died there. Bleeeech! There's just a little hole there and a clear plastic strip over the hole to make the stream of water fan out - I could see the two tiny little back feet sticking out and the front end was up in the pipe. There was no way to get that piece off to release the mousey remains!

I had no idea what to do so I did nothing and just let nature take it's course for several days. Then I turned it on to "HOT" and let it run full blast, and what shot out of there in to the tub resembled some tiny little prop from a Stephen King movie! Lots of tufts of dark gray fur, little bitty bones and unidentified body parts ... grossest thing I've ever seen! And then I had to fish it all out of there! Bleeeeeech! I scrubbed the washer tub over and over again, then let it agitate for hours with tubs full of hot water and Pinesol and then Clorox!

Those people with the snake in their washer ... at least it was still ALIVE and it came out all in one piece! See! I told you this was going to be gross and disgusting, didn't I!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
As I am reading these and we are watching "Finding Nemo" N says, Nemo doesn't realize the toilet leads to the ocean..
The movie takes on a whole new meaning to "I am going to see a man about a Wallaby"

KTMom91

Hubby would be delighted to find a snake in the washer. I call him "Nature Boy", because he has a habit of catching things and bringing them home...a turtle that was walking down the street, a woodpecker with a hurt wing, a California king snake that now lives in the reptile room (aka Childrens Church - our childrens' pastor is very cool), frogs, cats (10 kittens we had to bottle feed), stray dogs...

Lothlorien

I'd like to know how the thing REALLY got in there. There is no way that an 8 foot snake could have gotten into a washing machine through the water pipes. The tubes from the water line going into the washer alone are barely an inch in diameter. I would lay money on that one of her kids had the snake hiding in their rooms. Either that or it crawled in through a doggie door and curled up in her clothes.

donna723

Loth, that's what I was wondering too. It doesn't really add up. How would a snake get in to the water pipes in the first place? A break in the pipes big enough for that snake to go through would make quite a leak! That was a good sized snake with a wide head! It would have had to first go through the hoses in to the washer - no way it would have fit through there without stopping it up! And the opening where the water squirts out in to the tub is very small - if a tiny little baby mouse got stuck in mine, no way would that big snake have gone through there! I have no doubt that they found it in there, but either somebody put it in there or she left the lid open and it crawled in there looking for a cool place. And apparently it went through the complete wash cycle because she was taking the clothes out when she found the snake. Maybe she left the clean clothes in there for a while with the lid open before she took them out and the snake crawled in then. Could a snake survive the spin cycle?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
OMG - I just thought - you could cut off MORE heads and make them shower curtain holders for a rattlesnake curtain rod.

Why stop there?! Let's complete the ensemble with a baby rattlesnake toiletpaper holder: Bend the head and the rattle end at two 90 degree angles, attach to the wall or cabinet near the commode and insert roll of paper -- voila! Plus, the rattles will imbue a distinct sound to the experience!

A juvenile rattler coiled into a strike position and thoroughly shellacked for preservation makes a great toothbrush holder.

Another formed into a hoop with the head biting onto the rattle, then attached firmly to the wall by the sink makes a great hand towel holder.

And finally, who can deny the benefit of a straightened rattler with a loofah in its mouth as the ultimate in bath time exfoliating experiences?

Somebody call that reporter! Have we got marketing idea here or WHAT?!:thumbsup:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
what is up with all the snakes. I hadn't opened this before and now I wish I had left it.

Can someone please tell a nice fuzzy bunny story? PLEASE!!!

beth

TerryJ2

Okay, a two-part note.
First, a fuzzy bunny story: We have lots and lots of wild hares. Last yr, while I was sitting on a stone bench near the front door, reading a pile of junk mail (I'm a sucker for junk mail catalogs) a baby bunny hopped right in front of me, totally unafraid. (Too inexperienced to know better.) It went into the shade near the azaleas and proceeded to groom itself, scratch itself behind it's ear with-its hind leg, and stretch, shoulders downward and rear end up, just like a cat or dog. I must have sat there for 1/2 hr. It was so much fun. I've never seen a bunny do that b4.

Feel better Beth? :)

Okay, Beth, don't read the following--it's about snakes again.

I agree, the snake crawled into the top of the washer, looking for a water source.
They can disappear very quickly beneath anything from leaves to dirt to clothing.
I encountered a 4-ft blk rat snake (oops-I found out it wasn't--see below) this afternoon while watering my plants. It was slithering across the big slate steps down a small hill. Luckily, it went directly across my path but one step down, so I stood and watched it go by. It was actually very pretty, all black with-white bands. And it ended up under the ivy, beneath the bushes. Once it stopped, I could no longer see it, and it was less than 2 ft from me.

*I just looked it up online and it was an Eastern King Snake. They lay eggs in late summer and the little ones hatch in fall. They capture and eat other snakes, particularly water moccasins. Way To Go, King Snakes!!!
Unfortunately, they also eat turtle eggs. :(

Now, if it had been in my washer, and had reared up at me, I would have screamed bloody murder. But outside, where it belongs, that's okay.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When husband and I first became an "item" to the point where after meeting my parents it was time for me to come over to his house...well...he decided to test me out.

He greeted me at the door with 9 feet of boa constrictor wrapped around his neck and shoulders.

"Norton" greeted me by extending 3 feet of "neck" and licking my nose with his forked tongue.

"OOOOOOHHHH! What a GORGEOUS snake!" I was in love, LoL.

Then, he'd ordered in pizza...with extra garlic and anchovies.

"Wow, you actually LIKE extra garlic and dead salty fishies?" Cool!!

Luckily, his mom, (who died way too early) also liked me, as his father hated my guts from day one.