Now its my ears??

Steely

OK - what is wrong with this week? Is Mercury in Retro-grade or the earth out of alignment? Seriously!!!!!!!!!!

First of the week I had the kidney stone drama.

Middle of the week I OD on ex lax which still has me dehydrated and feeling drained.

The day following the OD I woke up from puking and having diarrhea all night and my ears felt weird. One ear feels super sensitive to sound and is painful. The other ear feels like it has water in it. I know I grind my teeth really badly, and being sick, I could have really overdone it. But I have never had this symptom. It is like I feel lopsided when I hear sound. I have put alcohol in my ears, as if I had swimmer's ear, sorta helped. Rest helped last night, but it is back today.

Do you think it could be the physical strain of being so sick that it put pressure on the eardrum as I puked and it is now irritated? Or do you think it could still be dehydration? Or TMJ? Or is it that my dog has been barking non - stop because she has not gotten her 4 mile walk every day and I am now deaf - lol. Or some other whole new random thing that has nothing to do with the other 2 physical problems of the prior week.

Thanks for any advice - sigh. I know you're not doctors, but you sure have good collective advice:)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, if the vomiting was forceful the pressure could have irritated things perhaps. I'm sure doggies barking is not helping though.

Not really heard of dehydration causes ear issues.......although it can cause balance issues.

Having any sinus issues?? Thought I was getting an ear infection.....was a combo sinus and my blood pressure had chosen to sky rocket due to water retention. Can't say I enjoyed the ringing in them either.

DDD

I'm totally not smart about health issues but I do know when someone needs a big hug. :hugs:Hope you feel better soon. DDD

H

HaoZi

Sinus issue would be my first guess, too. It is allergy season. Planet out of alignment... didn't that big earthquake in Japan rock the axis a bit?

Jena

yes sinus or maybe you just have an ear infection also....... as i say to anything that hurts or ails you drink organic apple cidar vinegar. its a cure all. google it you'll see. dont' put it in your ear, just drink it!! feel better

I'm pretty sure sure dehydation causes messed up equilibrium which can be the problem. It takes a little while to get everything normal again.

InsaneCdn

Look after your ears... even if that means going to a walk-in clinic or something.

Mine don't work very well - and its a MAJOR pain. (and major handicap in working with the kids... they know I don't hear!)

Having said that... self care?
- if its dehydration, then its more than just fluids you need... either get something that has electrolytes in it, OR put together one of the home-made oral rehydration solutions (check net...), OR use the old-wives standby: use unflavored knox gelatin to make a batch of jelly - but instead of water, sugar, etc., use apple juice - then, you don't even need to put in fridge and make jelly - just drink it!

- if its a pressure-balance thing from vomiting, then there's probably more than one factor going on... get medical help.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

smallworld

When my daughter was a toddler, she had a bad stomach virus that led to an ear infection. Her pediatrician told me that some of the vomited material went into her eustation (sp?) tubes, causing bacteria to grow and an infection in her inner ear. I wonder if that's what happened to you. I think you should have your ears checked out by a doctor.

Hope you feel better soon.

DammitJanet

please dont play with your ears. I worry about ears very badly ever since the meningitis. If mine even twinge, I am in the doctor office. I dont want to wake up 15 days later ever again!