Now its Ringworm!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I cant even begin to tell you how seethingly angry I am right now.

With all the "stuff" with Wee and school, and easy child is being a...whatever you want to call it....and her mom even worse.

I posted about her last weekend, retaliating because I "wrongfully accused her of lying and having bad grades". Tonight, she showed up in a t-shirt with all but a strip in the front, a strip in the back, the neck band, and the hem cut out of it. Over a spagetti strapped under shirt that did not cover her bra. That's what she wore to school. I said something about it and she jumped back at me that her mom was fine iwth it, I needed to back off.

I told her to take it up with dad. He told her to throw it away.

When dad was out of earshot, she mouthed at me and slammed the door, so I told her to open it and come to the living room. At the 4th request, she did. I said "have you been told that I am making up bad things about you and your grades" and she said yes. I handed her the grade checks her dad got in the mail yesterday. He had highlighted the missing assignmnents and F's. I said "am I making anything up?"

She shrugged her shoulders. Then I told her the only reason I said anything was because she lied to me about still going to tutoring. If she'd told the truth and said she hadn't been going, I wouldn't have said a word to anyone. Asked her to consider the truth before she took anything else out on me. She went to her room.

Fifteen minutes later, she came out and asked me how to keep "this" from spreading. She has 5 giant spots. I asked what it was and she said "ringworm from your cats".

Is this never going to end??? The cats and the dogs SLEEP WITH ME. If they had ringworm, I'd be covered! The only animal we have with hair loss is my dog who's had a skin condition since we got her...I've had my dog for 4 years. Wee's dog and cat for 2. The other 2 cats we currently have have been here 9 months. They've all but the kitten been been to the vet within the past year.

I don't know how her step-dad is, but her mom never took anything to the vet when she was with husband. If it got ran over, it lived or it died, or it was bad enough they shot it. husband's horses didn't get vaccinated unless I came out and did it (I do my own vaccinations). Can't imagine that's changed. And the new step-dad has acquired at least 6 new beagles since November...but it could never be them or any other source.

And don't forget, it was us who single handedly gave easy child and her mom and her mom's whole family lice a couple years ago...even tho no one here got it and easy child hadn't slept here in well over a month...

I don't think she's a easy child anymore.

And I'm sick of being blamed for it all. I'm sick of all of it, but this just ices the cake tonight. I think I will call the school counselor and regular counselor tomorrow, explain my position of stepping back from her, and stop worrying about it. Not a dang thing I can do, anyway, except refuse to drag her around with me.

Last edited:

flutterby

Fly away!
Double Ugh.

Yeah, I don't think easy child is an appropriate title anymore.

Has her mom gotten her any medication for the ringworm? Of course now, you're all at risk - including your animals.

It just never seems to stop does it? I wish we could put the world on pause for a day or two.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I asked her about medicine and she said she had some, then dug thru her bag to get it. She produced nothing. So I made her take off the bandaids and sprayed her with Tinactin, which is all we have.

(besides, if she had medicine, and knew to keep them covered with a bandaid (which she knew cause she said so when I told her to take them off), why was she asking me as if she didn't know....or was it, another chance to tell me how awful I am???)

These spots are huge. A couple are half-dollar sized. She didn't just get it.

Wee's cat has one scab on the back of his ear, remnant from the ear infection. I looked at it, just in case, and the hair is coming back into it. And he was only treated with topical antibiotic...that wouldn't take care of ring worm, if the vet had been wrong about what it was...

I'm glad she's not here this weekend. I do care deeply for the child...but I can't stand the bs that goes with herr.

Last edited:

flutterby

Fly away!
I care deeply for my son and his DF, but I didn't miss them at all when they were gone from Friday until Tuesday. In fact, they could have stayed gone longer. :p So, I know what you mean.

I remember that you don't talk to her mom, but have you sent her an email about the fact that she didn't have her medication with her? I'm kinda surprised they're allowing her to be in school.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I do talk to her mom, but there's not much conversing that takes place. VERY little. Mom wont talk to husband. I'm about to tell her to fly a kite and deal with it herself...I've accepted the "middle man" role to protect easy child from mom's temper when dealing with husband/us...but she's not making me care about protecting her much these days, that's for sure.

I'm shocked school lets her in. After dad got onto her about the shirt, she claimed she wore a sweatshirt all day, which is what she usually wears, so they may not even know she has it.

And she has not seen a doctor, tho I agree it does appear to be ringworm. I'd like to know what they were treating it with., tho.

Oh, but she DID rinse out a pair of wet undies! WOOHOO!

Last edited:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sure they don't. They'd send her home. Maybe I should call them.

This morning went even better.:surprise:

She didn't come out of her room til 7:50. She has to be in class at 8. We usually get donuts before school on Thursday mornings...obviously, today, we didn't (and I'm tempted to call grandma and tell her why - in the past, easy child has gone home and told them I won't feed her breakfast.)

Gosh, I love my parenting job.

TerryJ2

I agree, you're going to have to step back. So sorry.

In the meantime, get a scrip for ringworm if you have to, and make sure she has everything covered. It is so contagious. Tell the school nurse, too.

by the way, in our public schools, they cannot have underwear showing--either pants or bra--and if it's a t shirt with-an inappropriate saying they have to wear it inside out or go home. I can't believe the school admin didn't pull her into the ofc.

Again, so sorry.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Our school dress code is the same way, but obviously they don't enforce it. A full inch of the top of her bra was showing...

Now I'm concerned about my dog getting it....everyone/everything actually, but my dog has compromised skin to begin with. Ugh. I'm calling the vet.

Junk like this happens when you have kids that have a life that includes other people (ie SCHOOL!!!!) Why does her mother have to be so blatant ugly to us??? I gripe to you guys about her mom, but almost never say anything to easy child about her. I figure we are stuck in this together, the least we can do is attempt to get along and work together, but that's a pipe dream.

I said something last night about her being told I was making up stuff about her grades (I didn't even ask or say who) cause I was certain easy child was retaliating against me for it (and was right). And her mom had already told me she didn't beleive what I'd said about the assignments or grades because "easy child said otherwise". easy child's been quietly turning in the missing assignments since last week....hm...she now only has 1 missing math assignment...but I'm the bad guy making junk up...grrr.

I hope she doesn't expect any favors from me in the near future.