Now I've seen everything

TerryJ2

You know how we try to be careful on the boards not to get too religious or political? Here are parents who are not only deliberatly thumbing their noses at everyone, but making their kids into huge social experiements. I wonder which kid will change his or her name first, at age 18?

I'm wondering what else is going on, that soc. svcs took the kids. I doubt that just the names caused the interference. The names are just an outward sign of what's inside the home.

Sometimes, getting a license to be a parent makes sense, ya know?:sick:

http://news.aol.com/article/kids-with-nazi-names-taken-from-home/306100

klmno

I hope those kids get adopted while still very young so their names can be changed and they don't have to get confronted with it.

TerryJ2

Can you imagine what would happen in the school hallways? Aaarrrggh. Plus, they'd be spraypainting swastikas on the walls and wondering why they were being called to the principal's office.
I mean, Moon Unit and Chastity seemed outrageous names at the time, but at least they had celebrity parents and you could kind of ... sort of ... see where they were coming from.

Lothlorien

This made BIG front page news several weeks back, here in NJ. I haven't met anyone who is in favor of their decisions.

A kid's life is hard enough under the many pressures, why add to it. They are asking for predjudices against their children, by chosing those names. It is unfair to the children. Regardless of the parents' first amendment right, it's detrimental to the welfare of those children.

These parents were deliberately seeking out attention of the press to get their five minutes of fame. They did it the year before, but no one gave them much attention. Now that they got everyone's attention, they've brought DYFS in. They basically asked for it. The kids didn't get taken away because of the names they chose. They were taken away, because the parents were felt to be unfit.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Can you imagine being the grandmother of those children? Opening your little pocket sized photo wallet "And this -is my three year old grandson Adolph Hitler. We can't wait for the moustache to grow in. And here is Aryan Nation - she's as white as the pure driven snow, and so mean and hateful to anyone not like minded, we're really hoping she has issues later on with any person of color and when they have their fourth? We're leaning towards Trotsky Stalin...."

There's a weed in the flower garden of that family.

TerryJ2

I figured as much, Loth.

Star, you always, always, always make me laugh. Yup. Can't wait for the mustache to grow in, LOL. by the way, the real Hitler grew it to cover a scar. Supposedly.

On the bright side ... my sister had a friend in school whose name was Candy Kane.
She sure was sweet. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
my husband has a cousin named Candy Kane. All her sisters have C names too.

This family was investigated starting with the birthday cake incident, which made news several weeks ago. The children were not taken because the names but because the parents are not fit parents for a goldfish, much less a child. I hope reunification never happens.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMGoldfish -

I had to slap my hand over my mouth when I read that Susie* - your illness has NOT affected your humor.....

Blurble.....blurble...bubble......