Now on to wm.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
For the first time since I became so very ill, I will be visiting wm this coming week. :thumb: I've missed my son, however, I've been a bit scared of seeing him.

He's grown larger than me - he can be aggressive & outright mean. I'm not up for mean or aggressive on any given day. That part of wm I do not miss.

wm has been prepared for the change in my appearance; the changes in my ability to walk & in some cases communicate clearly. He knows that my hair has fallen out in patches & that I generally wear scarves. He hasn't been made aware of how weak I am - he is no dummy. If I'm walking with a cane or a walker I can be knocked over easily. wm's therapist & 2 male workers will be there - you know, just in case. I can't say enough - wm is one angry young man.

And I love that angry young man & have missed him. Part of the anger has been my inability to get out to see him with-o the proper prescribed interventions in place. Prescribed by my doctors & wm's doctors.

husband has backed this up implicitly.

So, I get to see my ever angry young wm on this coming Thursday. I'm hoping to have a good 20 minutes together - I'm bringing his favorite treat. Olives. Along with the latest edition of Harry Potter.

Please keep your fingers crossed. This is exciting.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope your angry young man surprises you this visit, and that maybe just maybe, you'll get to see just a hint of gentlness instead of anger.

Glad you have plenty of safeguards in place. I hope you have a delightful 20 mins together.

Hugs

busywend

:thumb:

Good luck to you both! I hope it is a fabulous visit!

Will you be bringing any of the paintings? Or leaves?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Busy, I'll be bringing my ongoing leaf collection. As I paint them, I preserve them for wm.

I also painted wm an Eastern Water Dragon & framed it for him. husband thinks he'll love it. I hope so.

Thanks for asking - this means so much for me. I don't want my hopes to high.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad you will get to visit wm. I totally understand the fear and apprehension, but there will be support to protect you. I will pray that he shows you the gentle loving wm that is in there deep down.

I think he will appreciate the treats. Are you putting the olives in a plastic container or baggie? Maybe you could share my aunts terrible jello recipe with him for a laugh?

2 pkgs lemon jello
1 stalk celery diced to 1/4 inch cubes
1 carrot, shredded
1 small can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sliced salad olives with pimento

Make the jello then as it starts to set fold in the other stuff.

My great aunt was always so proud of herself when she made this. The chopping into tiny cubes was hard for her. And she LOVED LOVED LOVED this, so we all ate it with a smile. And wanted to hurl. Even my beloved black lab who visited her would not touch it. I tried. (I could not hide it in a plastic napkin and pitch it because she would rinse the paper napkins and reuse them - total ick!!) Same aunt who showed me her husband Memorial Day - She had him in a Ziplock. For him she splurged with a new name brand Ziploc, not a washed out store brand one.

We dearly loved her, but she had some major quirks. Was a wonderful, funny, beautiful person with very interesting tastes. We knew that even if her gifts were not to OUR taste, they were flavored with a lot of LOVE!

Just something amusing to share, if you need a chuckle.

Marguerite

He might be angry because you haven't been able to see him for a while, but here's hoping he can control this and deal with it so you both can make up for all the lost time.

So often our angry kids want someone or something to blame, when it's not always about blame.

Plan in plenty of rest between now and Thursday (and afterwards) - you will need it.

Marg

Janna

Linda,

I am so happy for you that you're going to see wm.

I'm glad you're excited. I'm sure he is, too! Many good thoughts you have a marvelous visit :smile:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm not getting my hopes up for this first visit with wm. I expect I will be grilled by my son (though therapist will put an end to that quickly as will I), as to why it took so long to see me. I also expect that wm will expect some kind of reward for waiting so long to see me.

Hence the olives. Probably not good enough. Hence the painting & the leaf collection. If that's not enough my son has some learning to do - aw, heck the boy has some major life skills to learn. It breaks my heart how delayed he is - even in comparison to his twin.

I plan to enjoy the time we have together. I plan to keep it short & sweet & expand from there.

We now have a new office that we can meet at & do therapy. The other office was too far for me to drive (only allowed 10 miles a day). Everything in this town is at least 10 miles one way or another. I'm looking into MetroMobility for the time being if I don't have to transport one tweedle or another. Generally don't have to transport the other tweedle.

PCAs are allowed to transport kt & I can tag along for the ride. I may use them more often if things get a bit weird.

Oooops, off on another tangent. Thanks for the well wishes for Thursday - Ill let you all know how it went.

Lothlorien

I really hope things go well for you. You really need this. I think wm really needs it too. It's a shame it has to be so well supervised, but the right steps have been done, to ensure everyone's safety. I hope they will provide the right steps more often, so you can see him sooner.

I always think of you and your kids. Always saying little prayers for them.