Now that we vented - let's see the other side - What are you thankful for?

Mom2oddson

I am very thankful for a house full of Dog hair because it means that all my furbabies are alive and well, none were scared off by the fireworks.

I am thankful for the baskets of laundry that need to be folded because it means that we all have plenty of clothes to wear.

I am thankful for my dirty house that needs to be cleaned because it means that I still have a home to live in.

I am thankful for a husband who can't hold a grudge with his Mom or kids because it means that he is also very forgiving to me when I vent about those same people.

I am thankful for difficult child-S who has turned her back on me because she has taught me how to love someone inspite of their faults.

And I am very thankful for all of you because it means that I always have a safe place to land.

Your turn.....

everywoman

I am thankful that I live in a place where people truly care about one another. I'm thankful I have neighbors who I just met a month ago bring me grilled grouper and fresh tomatoes off their farm. I am thankful for a group of friends who had lost touch for 30 years but are now back together and supportive and enjoy each other as much as we did in high school. I am thankful that I can laugh. I am thankful for the beauty that surrounds me: the architecture of the antebellum south, the river, the beach, the oak trees!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
O good thread!

I am thankful for this group!

I am thankful for the beautiful weather we have been having (not being sarcastic at all! I LOVE hot summers! :) )

I am thankful for our beautiful new home.

I am thankful for a pantry full of delicious food.

And I am thankful that my dog, on the one year anniversary of needing major surgery--is alive and well and playful as a puppy.

:)

shellyd67

I am thankful that my children are healthy and so are husband and I.

I am thankful my parents are alive and well.

I am thankful for my family and friends who love and support us.

I am thankful that we live in a semi safe country ( I disliked using the word semi, but it is what it is)

I am thankful we can afford difficult child medications because our RX plan does not cover them.

I am thankful that I have the love of a good man and my children love me unconditionally.

I am so thankful for all of you out there who have brought me up when I was so low.

trinityroyal

I am thankful for my job. Not only does it allow me to take care of my family and "keep the lights on", but it's work that I love and that I'm good at.
I am thankful for my beautiful babies, who do something to make me smile several times a day.
I am thankful that my mother in law, who truly has been like a mother to me, keeps on going day after day despite her battle with cancer going on 7 years now.
I am thankful for husband, who loves me like no one else on earth.
I am thankful for Little easy child, who has a noble spirit and a happy heart.
I am thankful for difficult child and Step-D, who teach me patience and understanding far beyond what I thought myself capable of.
And I am thankful for this, our soft place to land. You've all kept me sane when I've wanted to run screaming into the night. You all understand in a way that no one else can.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Mom2oddson-I give a writing assignment like this every other year where they have to take a complaint and turn it into something to be thankful for!

Witz-You crack me up!:)

I'll be back with my list later (not promising any rhyming this time).

jal

I didn't reply to the vent thread, because we are actually in a holding pattern, meaning EVERYTHING is humming along at the same speed (TG - its been a very good few months).

I do want to reply to the thankful thread though...

I am thankful for a home to live in
& AC during the 6 day heat wave we are having
My job
My husband who is in it all 100% all of the time
My/his family
The great progress difficult child has made and the fun that he is having being an almost 8 year old at camp
And although I don't post a lot, I am very thankful that there are people in this world that are fighting the fight that I/husband fight...and that we can freely post here and benefit from each others experiences.
Things had been really rough for so long (since difficult child was 2), it is great to finally experience an extended breather and for that husband and I are most greatful!

tiredmommy

I'm thankful for my husband, he's a good man. Even if he drives me crazy, lol!

I'm thankful for my Duckie. She's a good girl and tries real hard to do her best *most* of the time.

I'm thankful for my kitties. They give so much more than what they get.

I'm thankful we're not being sued. And I'm even more thankful the other kid will be okay. Long story.

I'm thankful for my home. It's not much but it's ours.

I'm thankful for reliable transportation. I like being able to go places.

I'm thankful for my aunt. She told me today that she intends to step in as Duckie's grandmother since my mother is dead and my mother in law is uninvolved.

And I'm thankful for this community. It's helped me to be a better mother for my child.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow...

I can't put these in any particular order, but...

I am thankful for:

Parents that said "no" at least as often as they said yes, and continue to be there for me... They're now two of my best friends!
husband, because he may not be perfect, but he tries to do the right thing.
Onyxx and Jett, because underneath all their difficult child-ness, they do love me.
E and H, because they've been there for me so much, and helped me through some really ugly stuff. AND, bonus, their issues help me take my mind off my own.
B, because her existence allows me to be the kind of aunt that I always wanted to have.
My job, because even though I am bored a lot of the time and don't particularly like several people I work with, I can put food on the table and do odd stuff like CAMP.
And everyone here - because you LISTEN to me, and even when I'm ranting about stupid stuff, make me feel like I am a reasonable human being that has just had to deal with too much!

Mom2oddson

I am very thankful for today! Yesterday husband & I went for a motorcycle ride since the weather is gorgeous. I spent the whole time just focusing on things to be thankful for and it has really lifted my mood.

Then this morning, while talking to my Mom, we've decided to go see my Grandma for her 93rd B-day in August. So, I'm thankful for my Dad who, because he loves his job, is still working at 72. And because of that job and all his travels, has enough frequent flyer points to pay for the trip. I'm thankful for my Grandma and another chance to go see her. And I'm very thankful for a very Dear husband, who is more than happy to have me use my leave this way then to take off with him during his jobs Christmas shut-down time.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Someone posted this on my wall on facebook. It sums it all up...

I asked for strength, and I fought difficulties to make me strong;
I asked for wisdom, and I was presented with problems to solve;
I asked for prosperity, and I grew the brains and brawn to work;
I asked for courage, and I faced danger to overcome;
I asked for love, and I found troubled people to help;
I asked for favors, and I embraced opportunities;
I received nothing I wanted, but everything I needed.

KTMom91

I'm thankful that Hubby is a good man.
I'm thankful for our home and that Hubby is skilled enough to repair what needs repairing.
I'm thankful for Miss KT, Son #1 and #2, daughter in law K, and my grandbaby Maddie.
I'm thankful that Hubby had the opportunity to take this networking course, and that his unemployment is enough to cover the basics.
I'm thankful that we're been able to continue with health insurance.
I'm thankful for good friends, here on the board and in real life.

busywend

I am thankful that I get to see my difficult child smile so much more these days. It really, truly brightens my day.

I am thankful for my wonderful DF whom will become my husband in 64 days.

I am thankful for both of our families - we both are super lucky in the family department.

I am thankful for my furbaby Scrappy because he makes me laugh. And my soon to be furbabies Harpo & Bella because they are so little and cute!

I am thankful I have a job I like.

I am thankful I have friends.

I am thankful for this site that saved my sanity more than once.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am thankful to be at work, tho I may be heading home shortly.

I am thankful to have a decent job.

I am thankful for all the folks who are helping Wee with school and every day living skills.

I am thankful to live in the country on an acreage with cattle, horses, and goats.

I am thankful for my ex-husband. I don't know what is going on over there, but he has not given in to his girlfriends demands to see the children he chooses not to be involved with. Its one less created hassle for me.

I am thankful for my family, including and especially the ex-in-laws. Their help is tremendous.

All and all, I'm pretty lucky.

But I'm still ticked as hades at husband.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm thankful for my home & food on the table.
I'm thankful to have had husband in my life for over 20 years ~ he is missed daily.
I'm thankful for tweedles dee & dum; they have helped me become who I am today.
I'm even thankful for the brain injury I've suffered; it's opened a new ability I was never aware of - art.
I'm thankful for the new skills I'm learning each day & the time to practice those skills.
I'm thankful for the unique & wise group of parents on this board.
I'm thankful for my loving family.

I'm thankful for me.