Now this was out of the ordinary!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I got a call from the college not long ago. It was the secretary to the Director of the Nursing program. She wanted to know if I'd made up my mind on whether I was going to go with the LPN or still try the RN. (or get on the list for the LPN while trying the test again)

Now although I've pretty much made my decision, I'd been sitting on it a bit as there really was no great rush. (my Mom says I'm a thinker lol)

So I told her I've decided to do the LPN, but that I might try taking the test one more time. (have to look into maybe getting it modified or taking the ACT instead as everyone keeps telling me to do)

Then she (excited) asks when I'd like to have my interview with the Director. Now that did take me by surprise! I don't even have the application for the program in yet!! I said doesn't matter, as soon as she could get me in is fine. So she says the first opening the Director has is the 6th of Jan as soon as they get back from their xmas break.

Wow. :surprise:

Now I'm a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason". So maybe for whatever reason it's meant for me to go about it this way. Who knows?

Still, this is very strange. In order to call me the secretary had to look up my file since she had no application to work from. And people......They just don't do that! It's unheard of!

Weird.

Not that I'm complaining. lol I'm guessing this means that the Director wants me in the program bad enough to have her secretary look up the phone number and call me for my decision. That has to be a good sign. lol :D

So, looks like I'm going to follow this path and see where it leads.

klmno

Hey, Lisa, that is great!! You know you are meant to be in that field!! Follow this path, as you intend, and you just never know- there very well might be a way to end up where you ultimately want!! Shoot, this is a whole lot better than where you would be if you gave up! If you do want to take a modified test or somthing - I would think that your chances of getting approved for it are going to be a lot better once you have more people there pulling for you and you show them that this is where your heart is- RN or not. People utlimately will care more about that than any test score! It will work out!! Congratulations!!

KTMom91

Wow...I am most impressed. You must really be good...of course you are, and we know that...but to look up your file to give you a call, and set up an interview before you've even applied?

That is so cool!

susiestar

Roll With It
How TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

That is great - and it is surely a sign that you are MEANT to be an RN. I am sure you will do fine with the interview, and go ahead and take the practice tests for the ACT or any other test that might help.

(I will let you know that I brought my SAT scores up several hundred points just by going through a SAT prep book. They really CAN help!)

So proud of you = this must be your Cosmic Christmas Present!!

Susie

everywoman

Lisa---talk about a sign!!! That's great. The director must be really impressed with you for her to go out of the way. As I teach, as much as I love all my students, there are some that you can see such great potential in that you go an extra ten miles to help them realize their dreams. You are obviously that kind of student. Congratulations.

Jena

Yea for you!!! See that, I had a feeling something good would come from all of this!! You soo deserve this!! I'm really happy for you!!!!!!!!!!

:bravo: