Now what

klmno

Beth, I have 2 questions that keep bugging me- they're not so much for you but for the system- 1st- if his problems were known and he's in a facility for help, how in the h*** did he get out to do this- escape- runaway BS- they should have been watching and how did he have access to another (yes ANOTHER) kid and #2) he is very much a minor and his name and personal info should never have been released to the media.

I'm not trying to defend what he did, but :censored2:, people, if a person is a cleptomaniac and you turn them loose in a room full of diamonds that they steal, who's the fool? If they are a drug addict and you put them in a room full of drugs that they reach for, who do you blame?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry for all of this... I hope he gets the help he NEEDS, and deserves... You are a true Warrior Mom. You will get through this... take a deep breath.

We are here for you.

tiredmommy

Beth, I'm so sorry for the fallout you are suffering. You are a wonderful warrior mom and have done everything humanly possibly to prevent difficult child 2 from offending. We'll be here for you. {{{Hugs}}}

susiestar

Roll With It
Beth,

I am so very sorry. You have truly moved mountains to help this child and to protect others from him while he gets help. I am sorry that whatever was needed was not provided.

It is NOT YOUR FAULT. You and Mr. Cat did everything a parent can do.

My heart is crying with you.

Sending gentle hugs and prayers,

Susie

jannie

trying to survive....
I am sorry for all of this--brining in the media...just makes it so much worse...sending hugs.

ck1

Beth: Just wanted to add my hugs. So sorry this is happening to all of you and hoping you're able to find some peace and difficult child 2 gets the help he needs.

My mommy heart is crying for your mommy heart :crying:

witzend

Oh my goodness, I hadn't read it right either. I can't for the life of me fathom that they would release personal information about a fourteen year old. I'm so sorry.

How are you feeling today? Nice and quiet I hope.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Thank you all for your support. I know this is going to be a very long process. Aside from feeling emotionally exhausted things are ok today. The caller id and I are good friends so I don't have to worry about talking to anyone that I don't want to.

The handful of people who have indicated they know things around here have been so supportive also. No one has actually said anything bad to us in person. I can be very grateful for that.

We will just have to take many deep breaths and enjoy the positives with difficult child 1 and easy child for now while we do the battles with gfg2s demons. I had forseen so many things and prayed that they not happen. Now we just pray that since they did he can get more intesive help. This new path may be a blessing in a very harsh disguise.

I can not tell you how glad I am I have this place to come to. Again thank you now for your support and the support that I know will be there in the future.

Beth

klmno

I'm glad you have some supportive people around you- in person. I notice biobat isn't there being one of them, go figure. But, you are holding up and have many friends- here and there and you'll get through this-

{{{HUGS}}}

M

ML

I am so sorry. Your family deserves kindness and compassion. This is not your fault. We all deal with some level of mental illness with our kids and what you're going through is one of the things some of us fear as worst case stuff.

Please take care of yourself and know that you have all of us here who care about you.

Love,

MicheleL

Beth, I don't live all that far. If you need to meet up with a member, to vent or cry, if just for an afternoon, even if it is at a truckstop or something, you give me a holler.

Extra prayers for your family.