number in red () next to number of replies?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by dreamer, Feb 7, 2007.

1. dreamer

dreamer New Member

I noticed on the general board a red number inside red parenthesis next to the number of replies. Is that how many replies have been posted since I was last there?
  2. dreamer

dreamer New Member

OK when I posted the above post, instead of being automatically taken to the thread I was taken to the list of posts for watercooler- thats different, too.....
    I think I am getting a little nervous about changes here poor ole WebTV is .....antiquated......and very often when changes get made to sites, suddenly I am no longer able to access those sites........
  3. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I know Cheryl's been tinkering around with some changes. I think the number in parenthesis is post by moderator, but I could be wrong.
  4. Lothlorien

Guess I'm wrong, since it didn't come up after I posted. I don't have a clue.
  5. ScentofCedar

ScentofCedar New Member

I was going to ask, too.

What does anyone suppose it COULD be?

Number of times we go back to check our own posts?

Number of times someone started to answer and then lost the post because she took too long to write it?

Number of times someone reads through the whole thread without posting?

Well, I'm out of ideas.

6. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

My guess: the number of unviewed (by you) responses in the topic. It will probably happen to all new posts going forward.
  7. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I think TM is correct. It showed how many "new" replies were made to the posts that I hadnt read since the last time I was here.
  8. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Yep. I just tested TM's theory and it was right on.

9. Lothlorien

Yeah, that's it! That's a cool new feature! Neat!
  10. dreamer

dreamer New Member

uh, LOL, seems to be what I thought it was, LOL. Yes. COOL.
  11. ScentofCedar

ScentofCedar New Member

I was going to guess that next.