Nursing School

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Today is my 1st day, which is why I'm up at this unGodly hour in the morning. :D

I didn't sleep worth a hoot last night although I took a sleeping pill. More excited than nervous, but there are nerves going on. I woke up before the alarm went off at 6 am......even though I hardly slept. lol

I've got to drive 20 miles to the south campus. And I haven't a clue what rooms my classes are in. I signed up for them last spring and they don't put room numbers on the schedule that early. lol So I'll have to stop in at the desk and have them print me a new one.

I got most of my stuff ready last night. It was nice of them to send us a letter in the mail telling us the books we'd need on the 1st day. Cuz OMG you'd faint at the number of HUGE books I have!!

This morning I'm gulping down coffee, gonna eat breakfast in a sec, then dress and I'll be ready.

My first class doesn't start until 9am, which means I get to play tag with school buses all the way there.:( Oh, and let's not forget the farm machinary. So I'm leaving at 8 am, an hr early to give me plenty of time.

So.......this is it. I'm finally in the actual class. :D

Ok, so I'm nervous. But I'm excited too. LOL

I'll let you know how it goes.

crazymama30

good luck Lisa. I will be with you in spirit--maybe I will tell you an answer or two!

I envy you. I hope to be there next year--just a different school. It has to be so exiciting yet daunting at the same time.

Mattsmom277

You sound so excited! This sounds like a wonderful day for sure. Congrats and enjoy the school experience. I loved attending college as an adult with wisdom I didn't have when I was younger.

You rock :)

klmno

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I'm so happy for you and know you will be fine. It might be hard at first but you will make it so don't ever give up! I hope you had a great day - you deserve this!!

:you_go_girl: :congrats:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. :D

Today went really well. It's not so bad, and so far the instructors are nice. (unlike ones I had almost 30 yrs ago) I think I"m going to enjoy it.

Had some excitement on the way home though. We've been having this really weird rain. Torrential downpours once second, drizzle the next. Can you guess which I got?? lol OMG it was horrid. Could just barely see out the windshield and had to be very very careful not to hydroplane cuz the water was just standing on the highway. Everytime a semi passed I was hit with a wall of solid water.

But I made it home safe and sound. Now I have to cook supper and dive into the books.:tongue:

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
Lisa,
I'm glad your first day went so well (and that you are home safe and sound-what a scary ride home). You're going to make a great nurse!