Nutrition Alert

F

flutterbee

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like.

Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

donna723

Honestly, I gave up on all this long ago (and you can tell that just by looking at me!) Every other day there's another article about something else that's supposed to be 'bad' for you! You could starve to death while you're trying to figure out what to make for dinner that won't kill you! And now, some of the things they had previously said were bad for you, now they've decided that maybe they're not!

Personally, I choose to follow the Muppets 'Miss Piggy Diet' - "Don't eat anything you can't lift"!

KTMom91

"Don't eat anything you can't identify!" And since I know what cupcakes are, and ice cream, and chips and salsa with a frosty margarita, and stuffed baked potatoes, and coconut cream pie...I'm getting hungry now.

Marguerite

I'm an Aussie. She'll be right, mate. Bloody bottler. No worries, love.

Now I think about it, we've had a few heart problems in the family (ectopic beats, congestive heart failure in extreme old age) but nobody in my family has had heart attacks. That's going as far back as I can. I DID have a brother in law who had bypass surgery... but he's not had a heart attack either. He's German - maybe that's why. Although he's a naturalised Aussie now, has been for many years.

Marg

F

flutterbee

Marg -

What exactly is a "bloody bottler"???

Are you sure you're speaking English? :tongue:

Just teasing. If you heard some of the expressions we have, you'd be wondering the same thing. :D

Marguerite

Heather, that was my point. Down Under, what we speak can be incomprehensible if you weren't born here. I constantly have to check what I'm saying on this site, to make sure people will understand.

Marg