Nuts, CVS and Menopause

KTMom91

I think I need to try that cohosh. I get awfully warm way too often, more often than I'd like, and when I'm in class, the kids keep asking if I'm OK. I have to open the door, because I never can figure out all the different thermostats, then the kids get cold...and I'm burning up. I go out to yard duty with no jacket, people look at me funny...hey, I'm hot! Hubby's a big help...I'll open the door in the evenings, he pulls up a blanket and looks at me...I say, "I'm so hot!" and he says, "Yes, baby, you are!"

mstang67chic

Going Green
OK NOW..... I am from Alabama..................
am I some Souther "reject"?????????????
I thought we were called Southern Belles???????????//
LMBO !
You are SO funny!!
Y'all Yanks out there!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nope, not at all! LOL I'm so NOT a belle (southern or not) plus I'm weird. Hence....a weird Southern reject! :crazy1:

meowbunny

Star -- One problem with your description of the freeze ... it sounds heavenly to me. I'm one of those people where the rest of the world is complaining it's cold and I'm going HUH? They have on the sweats, down vest, fleece jacket, hat, gloves and scarf. I have on my jeans, t-shirt and maybe a t-shirt. The only time the top is up on my car is when it might get wet. I've had it down in snow, ice, etc. My daughter is begging for the heater to be on at full blast. I'm contemplating if I should turn on the AC. So, you can imagine just how miserable I am when a hot flash comes on on top of my normal volcanic core. A bit of freezing really does sound good.

(The only time I can remember being truly cold was a vacation in San Francisco -- the wind and fog there just cut through me.)

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm glad others are experincing the same. It's not gradual. It's like one minute I'm 'normal' (hahaha...I've never been normal), then it's like a light switch. I'm literally sweating in my bed. Then, about an hour or so later, I'm FREEZING. It doesn't matter what the temp is outside. I go from no blankets to piling them up on me.

Isn't it lovely being a woman?

Abbey

Lothlorien

Keep your eyes out for Estroven...it's Soy and Black Cohash. I've taken it and it does help with night sweats. Take Vitamin B Complex ( a good one, not the junky ones in the HABA section of your food store) and magnesium. This has been extremely helpful for me, for more than just the night sweat issues.

Star, no midnight bbq, but midnight swimming....taken to washing my sheets a LOTmore than once a week now.