O.....m.....g

mstang67chic

Going Green
Anyone ever try to put their EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD in diapers? Cause if I catch the boy doing again, what he just did.......I will super glue a diaper to his waist.

We have a backporch/mudroom/laundry room and this is where my big freezer is. I walked back there to grab something for dinner. If you are facing the freezer, your back is to the back door and to your left is a window looking out on a covered patio area. I glance out the window and see difficult child standing there facing part of the house. (He's in profile from the window) He's just standing there looking down at something but it's obvious he's doing SOMETHING. I go closer to the window and stand on my tiptoes to see what he's doing. He was PEEING ON THE HOUSE!!!!! And not JUST peeing, but PLAYING! He's making the stream go up and down, side to side, it's everywhere. I hope he peed on himself because when I smacked the window he jumped and readjusted. (And yeah, got more of an eyeful than I bargained on)

His excuse? "I thought you were in the bathroom". Helloooooooooooo!!! The bathroom door is standing WIDE OPEN! And even if it wasn't try KNOCKING!!!!! I am so furious right now. What the **** would posess him to do this ON. MY. HOUSE. And at the should-know-better age of 18

And of course he's mad at ME for yelling at him for it. :slap:

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I would make his world stop as far as anything in the home until he scrubs the area very very thoroughly. this is just GROSS!!!

Why on EARTH would he do this?? Spite, angry at you, stupidity gene?? Even if he felt the need to pee outside, surely he could have found something other than your HOME to pee on.

So sorry,

susie

muttmeister

One time when difficult children were little I caught them peeing on the back of the garage and when I gave them #e!! they said, "But dad does it all the time." And he was 35 so I think maybe little boys never grow up.

witzend

That was one of the things M was pulling when he was around 14 - 15 years old. It's total disrespect for you and everything you own. Like marking his territory with total disdain for you.

KTMom91

I'd hand him a bucket of nice warm soapy water and a scrub brush. No gloves. After all, it's HIS mess.

meowbunny

I hate to say it, but it seems to be a male thing, including the artful spray. My cousins did it. My brother did it. I'm willing to bet my dad did it. Mom has caught my cousins and brother having a contest as to who could leave the most spatter on the side of the house. The three of them ranged in age from 16-19. They had so much fun cleaning the side of the house with toothbrushes. To me, the best part was I got to stand behind them and spray them with the garden hose if they quit working.

I'd chalk this one up to the stupidity of the male mind and their ability to pretty much let loose where they want to.

trinityroyal

They had so much fun cleaning the side of the house with toothbrushes. To me, the best part was I got to stand behind them and spray them with the garden hose if they quit working.

To quote The Mikado from Gilbert & Sullivan:

My object so sublime
I shall achieve in time
To let the punishment fit the crime, the punishment fit the crime
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment, of innocent merriment
Mustang, I do believe that Meowbunny has provided you with the perfect consequence.

Fun, wow! (NOT!)

DammitJanet

Ok, so you are telling me this is NOT normal behavior?

I dont think mine have aimed for the house...but then again Im a trailer with no foundation so the aiming would be difficult...but all my boys/men tend to wee wee outside. Luckily I live in the middle of a huge field so no one else can see them but I would be willing to bet that they would do it anywhere...lol.

Sara PA

He did it because he can. That's why all guys do it. And I, for one, am jealous. I do have penis envy but only for that part.

Neighbor across the street saw a guy -- looked about 18 -- walking away from her house as she got home from taking the kids to school. She was wondering why the kid was where he was until she saw the telltale puddle of yellow in the walkway next to her house. BOY, did she lay into him! She made him go back and, after she got him a bucket of water, made him wash it down. Frankly, I was surprised the kid didn't just walk away. Instead, he did just what she told him to do.

Steely

Yep - such a guy thing! OMG! I know one, in particular, that does it "for the sake of fertilizing his garden".:rolleyes: Whatever!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
According to my late husband, if you ate a good sized steak and then chased it with a six pack of beer or a bunch of iced tea or coffee (to increase "capacity"), peeing around the perimeters of the veggie garden WILL keep out rabbits and works fairly well around deer.

"Carnivore pee acts as a repellent to prey animals"

It's definitely one facet of gardening you only want to do at night.

TerryJ2

I vote for the Stupidity Gene. And because he's a guy and can do it.
My difficult child has asked if he could do it on a tree because his friends do. I gave him the usual line, "If your friends all jumped off a cliff ..."
I know he's done it. I just don't want to think about it.
So sorry, Mstng.
by the way, GoingNorth, if that were my husband, he'd keep away deer, rabbits and ME!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, geez...this is almost a daily occurence with husband. He claims it's a 'guy' thing. (Give me a break.) Well...we have 3 bathrooms. Why don't you try one of them?

We need to come up with something that is a 'girl' thing...like leaving tampons on the floor or something.

Abbey

Lothlorien

We need to come up with something that is a 'girl' thing...like leaving tampons on the floor or something.
ROFL
There you go! Leave them in his room, just before his friends come over. Then when he says something....."gee, I thought you were in the bathroom!"

Marguerite

Definitely a guy thing. I would lay odds that he does this regularly at the slightest excuse (or non-excuse - hence "I thought you were in the bathroom" when he clearly didn't even check). He probably is doing it on the house because it's easier for him to note how high he got it to LAST time, so he can see if he has "improved" (ie is now "more of a man") since last time. Is the side of your house marked with course of bricks? Timber beams? Some other feature which can indicate height?

I'd be talking to him about the message of disrespect it sends. But I would not be looking for support on this one from husband - blokes just don't seem to think along the same lines as this, unless they're very rare indeed.

As for the garden - yes, it is good for the garden. But it should be watered down, not neat. And preferably, not fresh (can be too warm). Back in my late teens, my parents moved to a tiny coastal village way up north in the country. They had a vegetable garden (as they always did). The house (more like a shack) had no plumbing. We had an outside toilet (a drum, which got manually collected once a week by the "sanny man"). In tropical country towns, these outside toilets are full of wildlife - snakes and spiders, mostly. It's bad enough going in there in daylight, but after dark is really scary. (a well-known Aussie country song from the 70s was "There Was a Redback on the Toilet Seat When I Was There Last Night" - redback being our deadlier cousin of the Black Widow Spider).

So for night-time needs, we had a bucket. A communal bucket, kept in what we laughingly called "the bathroom" because one day we hoped it would be a bathroom, when we finally got plumbing.

Every morning we'd get the bucket (anywhere between quarter full and half full) and carry it to the tank stand outside (our only tap was on the rainwater tank). We'd top up the bucket to dilute the contents at least 50%, then go and pour it on the vegetable bed (tomatoes, mostly). And we got some wonderful tomatoes. Of course, we were careful to only pour the bucket contents onto the ground and not the plants, and we did wash our vegetables (in a different bucket) before eating them.

Lunchtime was the best - salad sandwiches, from ingredients picked fresh from the garden. A freshly cut lettuce (we never poured the bucket onto the lettuce, because nitrogen is bad for lettuces, it sends them bolting to seed), freshly picked tomatoes, an onion just uprooted, and a block of cheese fresh from the shop.

But that bucket - we always watered it down, a lot. The soil was not sandy, it was volcanic and rich, but we still had bigger tomatoes than the neighbours.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would bet if you took a concensus about men peeing outside vs. inside the majority would tell you - WHEREVER.

:biting:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm always amazed at the things that are discussed. EVERYONE KNOWS that guys pee in the yard...but we don't really discuss it. Well, this board does. :) I find that a good thing.

Abbey

DammitJanet

LOL Abbey! Its true that just about every subject under the sun has been discussed at some point on this board...

Maybe someone will come up with something new that we havent heard of before...lol.

N

Nomad

Yep...
Our neighbor kid did this from the tree.
I've seen my son's friends, when they were younger, do this in our yard.
I think it is a young male thing and perhaps a little "extra" if there are difficult child tendencies.
I have not seen husband do anything like this. Too mature...no difficult child tendencies. And even if he had the notion, I am SURE he would NOT want to hear my wrath.