Obstacle's

Fran

Former desparate mom
I copied this from Sparkpeople website. Motivational reading helps me so I thought I would share this one.
I do have to stop frequently and ask myself "why don't I have time to accomplish a goal?" Maybe today is a good time for me to change my outlook a bit.:beautifulthing:

"Are you your own obstacle?

Are you trying to stick to a fitness plan, improve a relationship, eliminate fast food from your diet, or be a better parent? Whatever your goal, was there a time when you thought you couldn't do it? This is a natural reaction when things get tough. It's easier to find ways to justify your actions than to get over the hurdle. This week, eliminate the hurdles and barriers you've created. If you find yourself saying, "I can't" or "I don't have time," then re-analyze your goal. If you really want to achieve it, then make the time or take a different approach (get up earlier, stay organized, learn the skills). Find time for you and your goals."

LittleDudesMom

Fran,

I'm glad you posted this. Being your own obstacle was definately an issue for me in many areas of my life. I have often said that I suffer from self-inflicted stress! I put high expectations on myself for things like keeping my house clean, following a schedule (Monday, grocery and laundry, Tues office and.....etc.). I could no more sit down and watch tv if my house was not picked up than I could cut off my own foot.

I'm not talking anything like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) stuff, just basic "mother in my head" kinda stuff!

When it comes to my weight issues, I was my own obstacle - or even worse my own barrier. Sometimes you can go around an obstacle. Excuses and justifications were part of it.

I have finally made the connection with honesty. I expect my children to be honest and I try to live my life with honesty towards others. But I was not honest with myself for years. I try my best not to beat myself up for the time I wasted where I could have been fit and enjoyed my children and their activities more. But it is hard. I'm trying my best to look forward.

Hopefully, with my continued healty lifestyle, I will be able to kick box that barrier out of my way for good!

Sharon

smallworld

Thanks, Fran. I needed that!

I was just having a dialogue in my head reiterating all the reasons I've gained weight in the last week or so. I think I'll do a redo.