ODD help please!!!

ME & THE BOYS

hI THERE,

sORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR STRESS AND HEARTACHE.

IT IS TRUE, NO ONE WILL GET IT "THE ODD THING", UNLESS THEY HAVE AN ODD CHILD. OFTEN, I HAVE HAD PEOPLE SAY, IT IS MY PARENTING.. THAT I AM DOING IT WRONG, OR JUST NOT ABLE TO HANDLE THIS CHILD. WHATEVER!!

I REMEMBER TELLING PEOPLE, "THIS CHILD IS RUINING MY LIFE". i CAN RELATE TO YOUR CRYING. I THINK, I AM A GOOD AND KIND MOTHER. MORE ATTENTIVE, MORE NURTURING THAN MANY,......."SO WHY OH WHY, IS HE DOING THIS TO ME?!"

Just to let you know, the medications he takes for ADHD (my seven year old also has anxiety/ADHD), works <u>quite well</u> for his ODD as well. The psychiatrist recommended resperidol for the ODD, but I refused to give him this drug.

I ignore as much of his annoying behaviour as possible. I CAN'T IGNORE HIS TORMENTING HIS BROTHER HOWEVERR. This is enormously stressful.

I know I am not giving you much advice to work with, but do know I am thinking of you. I can relate. You are not alone.

M

ML

I also have an only with anxiety and adhd (and possible more). He slays me emotionally often but I'm getting a tougher skin. I don't understand why he gets so mean sometimes. I will say that I have spoiled him too much but I know I didn't cause it. Let's just say that raising a difficult child alone is exahausting. Glad that you are here. Michele